Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I varied the amount of ink I applied to the Color Me Glossy papers to create areas of light and dark for contrast.
- Place the card with the fold at the left. Cut a 5"x6 1/2" from Glossy Color Me butterflies paper. Evenly spread out 3 drops of blending solution over the paper with the applicator. Add 3 drops of Pink Sherbet ink to the applicator and spread the ink over the paper with a patting motion, allowing some areas to be very light, and others to be darker. Let dry, then use the paper towel moistened with blending solution to remove excess ink from the Glossy Color Me butterflies design. Glue the inked paper even with the card front.
- Cut 3 rectangles from the Glossy Color Me flourish paper in the following sizes: 4 1/4"x3", 3"x2 1/2", and 4 1/4"x1 1/2". Color the 4 1/4"x3" piece with 2 drops of blending solution, plus 3-4 drops of Juniper ink for a medium dark color. Color the remaining 2 pieces with 3 drops blending solution and 1 drop of Juniper ink for a light color, allowing some mottling of color. Let the pieces dry, then wipe off the excess ink from the Glossy Color Me flourish design. Cut a 1/2"x6 1/2" strip of the Glossy Color Me butterflies paper and leave it white. Layer the pieces on the card front as shown and glue in place.
- Cut a 4 1/2" square from Glossy Color Me flourish paper and cut in half diagonally. Cut a 3/8" x 6 ½" strip from Glossy Color Me butterflies paper and ink it with Juniper ink, a medium dark intensity. Wipe off the excess ink, then glue to the long edge of one of the white Glossy Color Me flourish triangles. Trim evenly with the triangle and glue to the card front, even with the right edge as shown.
- Ink the large Acrylic Die-Cut butterfly shape with 2 drops of blending solution and 3-4 drops of Juniper ink, smoothing out the color over the shape with the applicator. Let dry and glue angled to the card front, overlapping the white triangle.
- Ink a 2" square of Glossy Color Me butterflies paper with Pink Sherbet ink for a medium pink color as you did for the paper covering the card front. Wipe off the excess from the design, then glue the small Acrylic Die-Cut butterfly shape to the paper and trim evenly around the edges. Glue the small butterfly shape centered over the large one on the card front.
- Loosely cut around the small Glossy Color Me tag and ink it with 3 drops blending solution and 1 drop Pink Sherbet ink for a light pink color, going a bit beyond the edges. Trim the tag so it has a thin pink inked border around the edges. Glue the tag angled over the layered pieces on the card front.
- Write or computer print "Hello" on white cardstock, trim, and glue to the tag. Zot Lacy pink ribbon as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 4 1/4" square from Glossy Color Me butterflies paper and ink it with Pink Sherbet as you did for the front. Glue a 1/2" white strip from Glossy Color Me flourishes paper across the center of the square and glue centered to the inside. Cut loosely around the edges of the Glossy Color Me butterfly tag and color it medium dark intensity with Juniper ink, going beyond the edges of the tag. Trim the tag leaving a 1/16" inked border around the outside edges. Glue centered to the inside.
- Write or computer print "Have a great day" on white cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and mat on a scrap of Glossy Color Me butterflies paper inked with the Pink Sherbet ink. Glue to the tag as shown. Zot Lacy ribbon in place.