Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
"For You" card
"For You" card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: When stamping the door knocker, mask off the "for you" stamp to separate the words and use them in both sections of the knocker.
- Place the card fold at the side. Cover the card with Heritage striped paper. Cut a 4 1/2"x5 5/8" rectangle of Heritage lace border paper with the border on the left side. Ink the edges brown. Mat the top, bottom and left side with 4-Seasons burgundy cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue flush with the right side of the card.
- Place Copper Hardware hinge Dazzles( on the left edge of the lace paper. Wrap lengths of 3/8" wide Heritage brown swirl sheer, 1/4" wide brown gingham and 1/8" wide copper grosgrain ribbon around the right side of the card front only. Tie the ends in knots and trim the tails to 3/4"-1" long.
- Back the Copper Hardware lock Dazzles( with burgundy cardstock and glue to extend from under the right side of the brown swirl ribbon. Adhere tiny Dazzles( keys from the knots of the remaining 2 ribbons.
- Back the center areas of the Copper Hardware Dazzles( door knocker with ivory cardstock and then the outsides with burgundy. Using the Stamp & Punch Stamp Set, stamp "for" and "you" on the ivory areas of the knocker in brown ink. Glue the knocker to the card center.
- Inside: Cover the card inside back with Heritage lace border paper with a border along the left edge. Glue a 3/8"x6 1/2" length of Heritage striped paper to the left. Place the bracket Copper Hardware Dazzle( at the center inside back and stamp "Just Because" from the Stamp & Punch Stamp Set in brown ink inside the bracket. Place a large key Dazzle( to hang from the left side of the frames bottom edge. Top the key with a yellow length of Heritage 1/8" wide grosgrain ribbon.