Click here to get Vintage Typewriter Clear Stamp Set.
By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- The copper embossing powder really pops on black cardstock, and it coordinates perfectly with the Steampunk paper pack.
- Versamark is my favorite embossing inkpad-works every time!
- I used a simple masking technique to split "miss you" (on the inside) into 2 lines. Stamp twice, first masking "you" with scrap paper, then masking "miss" while you stamp again below. This makes it easy to rearrange words.
- 20 White Cards and Envelopes
- Steampunk Paper Pack
- Steampunk Ribbon Set
- Black Textured Cardstock
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Copper Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- . Cosmetic sponge
- Vintage Typewriter Clear Stamp Set
- Foam Tape
- With the fold on top, trim the card to a 5" square. Cover card with Steampunk stripe paper and ink the edges black with a cosmetic sponge.
- Stamp Typewriter "Just a note" on 1 3/4"x4" of black cardstock with VersaMark. Sprinkle on copper embossing powder, shake off excess, and emboss with a heat embossing tool. Glue 1/2" from the left and 1/8" from the bottom.
- Emboss the typewriter in copper on a separate piece of black cardstock. Emboss Typewriter "hello" on the paper on the typewriter. Trim around the typewriter, leaving a 1/16" black edge. Foam tape 1/8" from the right and bottom.
- Place a strip of Zips across the top of the card, 3/4" from the top. Cut 5 1/2" of Steampunk brown ribbon. Cut an additional 4" piece of Steampunk brown ribbon and tie it in a knot around the first piece of ribbon. Arrange the knot near the right end of the ribbon. Place the ribbon across the strip of Zips. Trim the ends to fit on the card.
- For the inside: Cover the bottom 2 1/2" with Steampunk striped paper. Place a strip of Zips across the top of the striped paper. Cut 6" of Steampunk brown ribbon and tie a knot near the right end. Adhere to the strip of Zips and trim excess.
- Stamp then emboss the Typewriter papers stamp in copper on black cardstock. Stamp the "miss you" stamp on the bottom paper while masking the "you" with a piece of scrap paper. Stamp "you" below the "miss" by masking the "miss" with scrap paper while stamping. Emboss in copper. Cut out around the edge, leaving a 1/16" black border. Glue to card 1/2" from the top and 1/4" from the left.