Special Memories Journal
Click here to get The Cinch Bindery Tool, v.2.
Special Memories Journal
By Lodell Halvorson
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Use two layers of tissue paper on the cover for added depth and texture.
- Supply List:
- Vintage Roses Ribbon
- Layered Labels Template
- The Cinch Bindery Tool, v.2
- 8½"x11" Chipboard Book Covers
- Black ¾" Binding Wire
- Black Doily Flowers, Red Doily Flowers, Cream Doily Flowers
- Keys Tissue Paper, Ivory 12"x12" Tissue Paper
- Smoky Gem Swirls
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Filler paper - 8 1/2"x11"
- 50 Black Mini Brads, 50 Red Mini Brads
- Pumice Stone Distress Ink Pad
- McGill 1/8" Hole Punch , McGill 1/4" Hole Punch
- Cosmetic sponge
- Small Lots O Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Glue ivory cardstock on the front and back covers. Glue two layers of Keys tissue paper on the front and back covers, leaving 1/2" - 1" hanging over to wrap around the back. Glue the excess around the back of the covers.
- On the front cover, glue two layers of Ivory tissue paper with torn edges on the left side covering approximately 1/3 of the cover. Wrap the excess around the back and glue in place. Cut two pieces of ivory cardstock to 8 1/4"x10 3/4" and glue to the inside of each cover to hide the rough edges of the previous layers of tissue paper. Sponge Pumice Stone Distress Ink around the edges of both covers.
- Using the Layered Labels Template, trace a Lacey Label onto black cardstock and cut out. With the 1/8" and ¼" hole punches, punch holes where shown on template. Mat with ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders. Ink edges Pumice Stone and glue to the front of the journal 2 3/4" from the top. Trace a Layered Labels Victorian Frame onto ivory cardstock and cut around the edges. Ink edges Pumice Stone and glue to the black frame. Print greeting or title onto ivory cardstock and trace Bracket Label C. Cut out and ink edges. Mat with black cardstock with 1/16" borders and foam tape to the label.
- Place large clear gem swirl to the top left of the cover, then place black swirl beneath it and the smaller clear swirl on the bottom over the ivory tissue paper. Insert red brad into a black flower and Zot( to the upper left edge of the label. Insert black brad into a red flower and Zot( to the left of the black flower. Insert black brad into ivory flower and Zot( to the lower right of the label.
- Tie a variety of Vintage Roses ribbons and bows on every other section of the binding comb.
- Use lined paper or plain paper for the inside of the book and follow the instructions for the use of The Cinch binding tool.
2 months 6 days ago:
A beautiful design Love how the dazzles make the cover dance.
3 years 3 months ago:
I love this photo album! It looks so cute! Makes me want to put pictures of my ancestors in it! Love it!
5 years ago:
I bought the Cinch tool and am looking forward to using it. I love this project but am interested in the type of glue you used for the covers.