Best Wishes card
Click here to get Lace Heart Stencil.
Best Wishes card
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: I love the look of accenting the dry-embossed shapes with Smooch ink for a soft shimmer of color. I used an embossing heat tool to heat set the ink.
- Roses in Harmony Paper Pack
- Metallic Gold
- Roses In Harmony Ribbon Set
- Feathered Heart Stencil, Dots & Scallop Stencil, Heart Borders Stencil
- Gold Greetings Dazzles
- 20 White Cards and Envelopes
- Pergamano Papers
- Craft Molding Mat
- Gold Lame Smooch Ink, Shabby Pink Smooch Ink
- Heat Gun
- Medium Lots O Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Stencil Tape
- Trim the card to a 5" square and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Roses in Harmony green dotted paper. Mat the top edge of a 5"x3 5/8" red patterned paper rectangle with gold paper leaving a 1/8" border. Glue to the card front, 3/8" from the top. Cut a 5"x4" piece from Pergamano paper and place on your foam pad. Place the Dots & Scallop stencil on the paper so the long straight edge is aligned with the top of the paper, and the scalloped border is at the bottom. Tape the edges with stencil tape.
- Use a small ball of the stylus to emboss the dots and scalloped edge across the bottom. When finished, turn the piece over and trim along the scalloped bottom edge. Trim sides so the rectangle is 4 3/4"x3 1/2". Glue centered to the red portion of the card front. Cut a pink/red decorative stripe from the Roses in Harmony striped paper and glue across the embossed Pergamano paper, 1 3/4" from the bottom. Cut a stripe with white scalloped lace and pink bottom edge from the Roses in Harmony striped paper and glue even with the bottom edge of the card.
- Place a 5" Pergamano paper square on the foam pad, then place the Feathered Heart stencil over the center. Tape in place with the stencil tape. Use the stylus to emboss each of the open spaces of the stencil, using smaller ball tips for the smaller shapes and the larger one for the large heart at the center. When finished, turn the embossed piece over. Trim along the edge of the teardrop border. Use your fingers to smooth the back of the heart so it is "puffed-up" and 3-dimensional. Apply 2 layers of foam tape to the back of the large heart, then add an extra piece at the center. Add glue dots beneath some of the teardrops at the edges. Mat on gold paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Add centered to the embossed Pergamano paper on the card front.
- Add a "Best Wishes" sticker centered on the large embossed heart. Cut a 5"x1"strip of Pergamano paper and use the Hearts Borders stencil to emboss a row of 6 tiny hearts across the center. Trim the strip to 5"x1/4", then glue to the gold paper. Trim the bottom edge evenly, leaving a thin gold border across the top of the strip. Glue centered across the white scalloped strip at the bottom of the card.
- Paint a thin layer of Shabby Pink Smooch ink over the small embossed heart above the large heart. Paint the embossed teardrops in the same manner with Gold Lamé ink. Heat set the ink with the Heat tool, being careful not to overheat the paper, as it may warp. Add another coat of Shabby Pink ink to the heart if deeper color is desired. Paint the tiny hearts across the bottom with Shabby Pink ink as for the first heart. Zot ribbon as shown.
- Envelope: Cut a 4" length of a red scalloped faux lace stripe from the s Roses in Harmony striped paper and mat on gold, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue across the envelope flap, 3/4" above the center point of the flap, trimming sides evenly. Use the hearts and bow stencil to emboss a 1/2" heart on Pergamano paper, then trim to a 4"x1/2" strip with the heart at the center. Paint the heart with Shabby Pink Smooch ink and heat set. Glue across the center of the paper strip on the envelope flap, trimming sides evenly.