Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
Pint Sized Cards & Envelopes
Pint Sized Cards & Envelopes
By Lodell Halvorson
Designer’s Tip: I like to enhance the small designs on patterned paper by using them as elements on my projects. Here I used the flower designs for the brad mats.
- Pint-Sized Portfolio: Use the template to trace and cut out the pint-sized portfolio from blue houndstooth paper. Fold and glue where indicated. Cut around two flowers on the opposite side of the houndstooth paper with the brad mat template. Use a piercing tool or 1/16” circle punch for the brad holes on the portfolio. Thread baker’s twine through the top hole and tie a knot inside. Attach the flowers to the front of the portfolio with gold brads.
- Coordinating Card: Trace and cut out pint-sized card from striped paper. Stamp label border with deep lagoon ink on white cardstock. Stamp “Happy Birthday” with dark brown ink in the center of the label. Position the pint-sized label template over the stamped image and trace around the edges. Cut out and mat on brown paper with 1/16” borders. Glue to the front of the card.
- Pint-Sized Folder: Use the template to trace and cut out the pint-sized folder from pink paper. Fold and glue where indicated. Cut around two flowers on the opposite side of the pink paper with the brad mat template. Attach the flowers and baker’s twine as described above.
- Coordinating Card: Trace and cut out pint-sized card from pink/flowered paper, using the flower side for the front of the card. Trace a half card from yellow paper to glue behind the front cover. Stamp “Just because” in the lower right corner of the yellow paper with deep lagoon. Stamp a Berrylicious swirl just above the greeting. Fold up the lower right corner of the card front to show the greeting and secure with a brad. Glue the yellow piece behind the front of the card, leaving the stamped portion unglued.
- Cut a brown strip 1 3/4”x3/4” and glue to the card centered above the folded portion. Glue 1/8” pink strips above and below the brown. Stamp the “Air Mail” image on yellow paper with dark brown ink and mat with blue houndstooth with 1/16” border. Glue to the center of the brown strip.
- Gift Card Holder: Use the template to trace and cut out the gift card older from green circle paper. Fold and glue where indicated. Trace the decorative band onto brown paper, extending it to 3/4” longer. Cut out. Stamp the round cancellation image onto yellow paper and cut out. Mat with pink paper with 1/16” border. Glue half only of the circle onto one end of the band closure so that it is centered when the band is secured. Stamp Berrylicious stamps onto yellow paper and cut out. Glue to the holder in random places.
- Coordinating Card: Trace and cut out pint-sized card from brown paper. Cut a strip of pink paper 2 3/8”x3/4” and glue across the center of the card. Insert a brad into each corner of the pink strip. Stamp “Note Worthy” with deep lagoon onto 1 1/4”x7/8” yellow paper. Stamp Berrylicious swirl under the greeting. Mat onto blue houndstooth and glue to the center of the pink strip. Tie pink and teal baker’s twine around the top of the card and separate the ends to fray.