By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: You can use the word "celebrate" twice from the fireworks Dazzles-the "innies" are separate! I chose to use the Papier Tole shooting star in separate layers-this way I can use them on the outside and the inside!
- Rock On Paper Pack
- Rock On Ribbon Set
- Shooting Stars Foil Papier Tole
- Fireworks Dazzles™, Red Holographic
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Blue Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Blue Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- StazOn Ink Pad, Timber Brown
- . Cosmetic sponge
- Place your card with the fold on the top. Cover card front with Rock On red texture paper. Cut off the corners. Ink all edges black using a cosmetic sponge. Cut 6 1/4"x4 3/4" of Rock On star border paper with the border across the top. Cut off the corners and ink edge. Glue to center.
- Ink the edges of 6 1/4"x1 1/2" of Rock On green/blue paper and glue across the card 3/4" from the bottom. Punch out the first layer of the short shooting star from the Papier Tole and glue along the green/blue strip on the right side. Place the outline of "celebrate" on white cardstock and cut out. Color inside the letters with blue Spectrum noir pen #TB6. Cut the corners and ink edges. Mat on red texture, leaving a 1/8" border. Cut corners and ink edges. Glue 1/4" from the left and 1" from the bottom. Glue the third layer of the shooting star (the blue star) on the left side, going off the card slightly. Trim excess.
- Embellish the top border with red stars and small fireworks. Tie a small bow with red mesh ribbon and Zot it at the base of the word.
- For the inside: Ink the top edge of 6 1/2"x5" of Rock On tan texture and glue it along the fold. Trim corners matching up with the card. Ink the remaining edges. Cut a 6 1/4"x4 3/4" piece of Rock On blue/green and cut corners. Ink edges and glue to center. Print "It's your birthday!" on white cardstock and cut out. Cut corners and ink edges. Mat on red texture, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink edges and glue 3/4" from the left and 1 3/4" from the bottom. Place a large firework above the greeting. Glue the second layer of the shooting star slightly overlapping the greeting as shown. Place the letters of "celebrate at the bottom right as shown. Embellish with Dazzle borders, fireworks, and rockets around the greeting as shown.