Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
You're Amazing card
You're Amazing card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: The elephant pop-up mechanism is made with a folded strip of cardstock attached to the card. The HoneyPOP ball is simple to create, and is a fun surprise on the inside of your card! The two small floral "corner" stamps are meant to go on the elephant's head in the two different elephant stamps (as it is on the card). That's a cute option.
- With the fold on the left, cover card with pink diamonds paper. Ink the edges black using a cosmetic wedge. Ink the edges of 4 5/8"x6 1/8" piece of blue circles and glue to center.
- Cut a 3 3/4" square of white cardstock and ink edges black. Stamp the scene with the elephant, elephant's headdress, ball, mouse, stool, and greeting using black pigment ink. Heat set the ink with a heat gun. Color in the scene with Spectrum noir pens, including the shadows. Mat the piece on yellow dotted spirals, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue the piece to the card centered 3/4" from the top.
- For the inside: Cover the bottom 1 1/2" of both of the inside panels using pink diamonds paper. Stamp the half-circle on the edge of the rainbow honeycomb paper, making sure the arrows are running in the same direction as the lines on the paper. Cut out the half circle. Apply glue stick to one side and glue to the inside just to the left of the fold. Apply glue stick to the other side and carefully close the card. Open your card.
- Stamp a mouse on a stool on a piece white cardstock. Heat set, then color in with Spectrum Noir pens. Cut out and glue just above the pink diamonds paper, 2" from the right. Stamp the inside greeting on a small piece of white cardstock and ink edges. Mat on yellow dotted spirals, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink edges and mat on blue circles, leaving a 1/4" border. Ink edges and glue to card 5/8" from the right and 1 1/4" from the top. Stamp a standing elephant on another piece of white cardstock and stamp the headdress. Heat set with a heat gun and color in with Spectrum Noir pens. Cut out.
- For the pop-up mechanism: score a 3/8"x2 1/2" white cardstock strip at 1/4", 1 1/4", and 2 1/4". Fold all tabs as mountain folds. Apply glue stick to the back of end tabs, and position the strip approximately 1" above honeycomb ball, so the center fold of the strip lines up with the card fold. Glue the tabs to left and right sides of the card. Close and open your card to check the alignment of the pop-up. Make adjustments if needed. Glue the elephant to the left half of the pop-up.