By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: . The fairy Dazzles are so pretty. Be careful when pulling them off the sheet, since the black glitter material is more fragile than others.
- Easy Scalloped Frames Template
- Fairies Dazzles™, Black Glitter
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack
- Sunshine & Shadows Ribbon Set
- Small Zots™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut out a 5 1/2" scalloped frame from yellow/white tapestry and mat on black pattern, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue to card 3/8" from the bottom and 3/4" from the left. Trim the excess off and save for the inside.
- Cut a 3" scalloped frame from white cardstock and cut in half from point to point. Place the black glitter "Happy Birthday" and some twinkles on one of the halves and mat on black/white tapestry, leaving a 1/8" border. Mat again on black pattern, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the top of the card.
- Place the left-facing fairy in the center of the yellow/white scalloped frame and add twinkles and butterflies to fill the space.
- For the inside: Glue the leftover cut-off scalloped piece from the front onto the bottom of the card. Cut a 2" scalloped frame from yellow/white tapestry and mat on black pattern, leaving a 1/16" border. Place "Fairy Wishes" on the frame and add twinkles and starbursts. Glue to the card 1/4" from the top and right. Trim 2" of the border and place just to the left of the frame. Trim smaller pieces of the border and place beside the 2" piece as shown. Place the dancing fairy 1/2" from the left and 1/4" from the bottom. Add butterflies, swirls, and twinkles as desired.