Life is Beautiful album
Life is Beautiful album
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: After spritzing the patterned canvas pieces (album cover and page) I used a damp paper towel to wipe off excess ink from the pattern where I wanted to highlight it.
- Wildflowers Stamps
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- Bountiful Papers and Ribbons
- 3 Ring Book Covers
- Mixed Media Album
- 8"x8" Cardstock for Retro
- Canvas Chipboard Elements
- Canvas Brads
- Time Flies Black Kraft Clocks
- Large Kraft Tickets
- Wine Berry Smooch Spritz, Green Olive Smooch Spritz, Candle Glow Smooch Spritz, River Mossy Smooch Spritz
- Guacamole Fluid Chalk Ink Pad (Limited Edition), Yellow Ochre Fluid Chalk Ink Pad, Blackberry Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- . Paper towels
- Foam Tape
- Crop a Dile #1
- Medium Zots™
- Using Wine Berry and River Mossy Smooch Spritz inks, mist the flowered resist cover of the canvas album. Dab a paper tower over some areas to create highlights. Let dry.
- Spritz a ticket and a kraft clock with Green Olive ink. Stamp the ticket with a wildflower image and Blackberry ink. Spritz another ticket with Wine Berry and River Mossy ink.
- Using an awl or a Crop-a-Dile, punch a hole through "Our Story" chip die cut. Place a piece of crepe ribbon over the hole, wrapping the ends around the back and gluing to secure. Place a turquoise brad through the ribbon and the hole.
- Glue tickets at an angle beginning 1 1/2" from the bottom on center of the cover. Foam tape "Our Story" chipboard over center of the tickets. Foam tape purple rose chipboard element as shown. Zot the craft clock with a clock chipboard center above the rose. Zot "Life is Beautiful" to the left of clock. Knot a piece of purple crepe ribbon and Zot to the cover as shown.
- Inside: Spritz the inside front cover with Candle Glow, River Mossy, and Green Olive inks. Spritz a canvas page with Candle Glow and Green Olive inks. Blot different areas with a paper towel to get a different effect. Let dry. Spritz the graph paper cardstock page with Candle Glow, Green Olive, and Wine Berry inks and let dry. Ink edges of graph cardstock with Blackberry ink. Glue to the inside front cover, with the right edges even with one another and aligning holes at right side.
- Using Guacamole ink, stamp a large swirl image 1 1/2" from the top right of the paper. Alternating stamps and colors, stamp a wildflower cluster using Yellow Ochre, Blackberry, and Guacamole inks 1/2" from the bottom and the left of the paper. Zot "These are the Days" chip element over the bottom edges of the stamped images. Knot a 3" piece of green crepe ribbon, and Zot above the chip piece.
- Mat a 1 3/4" square photo onto olive cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue right of the stamped wildflower cluster, 7/8" from the bottom and 1" from the right of the page.
- Mat a 3 1/8" square photo onto olive cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue the photo 5/8" from the left and 1 3/8" from the top of the paper. Trim the scalloped chip element and add even with left edge of the photo.
- Spritz three connected kraft tickets with River Mossy and Wine Berry inks. Let dry. Stamp a Blackberry wildflower on the center ticket. Place purple jeweled brad between the middle and right tickets. Place clock brad in the center left ticket. Foam tape tickets near the center of the page as shown.
- Cut a 1/2" piece of Ribbon. Glue to "Good Times" chip die-cut, with 1/4" of the ribbon extending from the left side of the piece. Zot to the graph cardstock, 1" from the left and 3/8" from the top of the paper. Punch a hole in to the damask chip element, using an awl or Crop-a-Dile. Place the "love" brad through the hole, and Zot overlapping the photo.
- Using Blackberry ink, stamp the large swirl 1/4" from the top of the page.
- Spritz a large kraft clock and large tag with Olive Green and Wine Berry inks. Stamp each with wildflower images using Guacamole and Blackberry inks. Let dry.
- Ink the edges of the tag Blackberry, align with the 2 bottom holes of the canvas page. Tear the left edge of a 4 1/2"x2 1/2" words paper. Glue to the tag 1/4" from the top and 1" from the left.
- Mat a 4 1/8" photo on olive cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue over the words paper with the torn edges showing. Zot "Cherish These Moments" overlapping the bottom edge of the tag. Attach an orange damask brad centered on the end of the tag.
- Mat 3 7/8"x2 1/2" photo on olive cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue photo 1/2" from the top and 1 1/4" from the left of the page. Zot "What Matters Most" overlapping bottom left of the photo. Knot a 2" piece of green crepe ribbon and Zot below the chip piece.
- Cut a 1" piece of green crepe ribbon, fold, and add to "Remember" chip element as a tab. Zot the chip element 3/4" overlapping the top right edge of the photo and stamped image.
- Place the "time" brad in the center of the large kraft clock. Zot the clock 2 1/4" from the top, and 1/4" from the right of the page, so the clock overlaps both photos.
- Tie scraps of ribbon to the binder rings as shown. Add pages as desired.