Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Use a Farmer's Preserves Foil Papier Tole Die-Cut embellishment for a super easy card focal.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with brown cardstock. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" small blue labels paper and ink the edges brown. Glue centered to the card front.
- Cut a 3/4" wide red/yellow strip from the striped paper. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16" border across the red edge (top), trimming evenly at the bottom. Glue to blue cardstock, with a 1/16" border at the bottom and a 1/2" border across the top. Add a lace border sticker along the top blue border and a stitched border sticker between the yellow and red stripes. Glue across the bottom of the card front, even with the small blue labels paper. Glue twill ruler across the top edge of the blue cardstock trimming sides evenly.
- Place a paper lace doily heart on the upper card front. Add a clothes pin sticker to the upper left side of the heart. Glue the doily in place. Add the round doily sticker to the center of the heart doily.
- Punch out the #1 image of the papier tole embellishment and place it on your work surface. Punch out the #2 image and foam tape over its matching design. Repeat foam taping each number until the design is complete. Glue the papier tole embellishment centered on the doily sticker and heart. Add tiny heart sticker to the center of the embellishment.
- Write or computer print "Thanks" on white cardstock, trim, ink edges and foam tape to yellow flowers paper. Add the small frame sticker around the word, and trim the edges evenly. Add heart sticker as shown. Glue to lower right of the heart doily. Foam tape star die-cuts (extra art) as shown. Tie a maroon crepe ribbon bow and Zot to the card front as shown.
- Cut a 4"x5" blue small labels paper and ink the edges brown. Glue remaining striped paper from step #2 across the bottom. Add stickers and twill as before. Glue centered on the inside. Write or computer print "You're" on the left side of a 3"x2" yellow flowers rectangle. Ink the edges. Add "Sew" and "Sweet" stickers to complete the sentence as shown. Add heart sticker to the lower right. Mat on blue with 1/16" borders, then brown with thin borders. Add a clothespin sticker to the top of the plaque and glue to the paper as shown. Zot knotted ribbon near words.