Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Life is a Circus
Life is a Circus
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel is great for adding shiny finishing touches for a vintage look.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Happy Days diamonds paper, then ink the edges with dark brown ink. Tear a 4"x5" Happy Days red/white dots paper rectangle and ink the edges dark brown. Wrap the left side with two 6" lengths of blue/white baker's twine, 1/4" from the edge. Glue the ends to the back of the paper to secure. Tie a baker's twine bow around the two lengths of twine, 1" from the top. Glue to the card front, 3/4" from the top and 3/8" from the left edge.
- Cut a 3 3/4"x4 1/2" Happy Days yellow dots paper. Hold the paper vertically to sand the top edge, pressing down against the paper to crinkle it slightly. Turn the paper and continue to sand the remaining edges in the same way. Lightly ink the edges with dark brown ink. Glue the paper to the card front, overlapping the red dots paper and the diamonds paper, 1/2" from the bottom and 1" from the left edge.
- Use the template to trace a "Bracket Sign" shape on Kraft cardstock. Cut out the shape. Stamp "Life is a CIRCUS" on shape with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with black embossing powder. Emboss with the heat tool. Ink the edges of the shape with the VersaMark ink pad, then sprinkle with Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and emboss. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue angled near the upper right corner of the card front, overlapping the papers as shown.
- Cut out a 2 1/2"x2 1/4" section of striped paper, cutting along the zig zag stripes. Tear the right edge and ink the edges. Glue to the yellow dots paper, 1" from the bottom and near the right edge.
- Trace a Fancy Label "A" shape on Happy Days blue textured paper and cut it out. Stamp and emboss a horse image near the bottom of the shape with black embossing powder. Stamp the dancer image just above the horse and emboss it black. Ink the edges of the shape with VersaMark ink and sprinkle the edges with Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel (if you get too much on, simply use your fingers to remove a bit of it). Sprinkle a tiny amount of the embossing enamel over the stamped images, just as an accent, and not to cover too much of each image. Emboss from underneath the paper, watching carefully until the enamel melts. Glue to the left side of the card front, overlapping the papers and label as shown.
- Stamp and emboss three ticket images on Kraft cardstock and cut them out. Ink the edges with brown ink. Ink the edges of one with VersaMark, then sprinkle with embossing enamel and emboss. Arrange tickets on the card front and foam tape near the blue label as shown. Stamp and emboss the Lil Joker with black embossing powder on white cardstock and red/white dots paper. Cut out the red/white dots clothing and ink the edges brown. Cut out the white Lil Joker image. Cut out the Lil Joker's left hand from the white image and glue it in place over the red/white dots image. Glue the clothing cut-out to the white Lil Joker image. Foam tape the Lil Joker to the card front, overlapping the blue label as shown.
- Stamp and emboss two beach ball images on white cardstock and cut them out. Paint in the open areas of each beach ball with Smooch inks and let dry. Foam tape a beach ball to each label as shown. Paint in the some areas of the "Life is a CIRCUS", dancer, horse, and ticket images with Smooch inks as shown.