Simple Joys Card
Simple Joys Card
By Abbie Friesen
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: When masking off a part of the stencil image, use thin, torn strips of sticky note paper. When applying the second color of embossing tinsel, tape the ends of the sticky note paper mask on the outside edges of the stencil so not to disturb the powder under neither. When sprinkling the embossing powder on the stencil, hold the container in one hand and tap the top with your pointer finger while slowly tipping it over.
- Penelope Ribbon Set
- Gold Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Rose Oval Stencil
- Vintage Olive Tinsel Embossing Powder, Vintage Plum Tinsel Embossing Powder
- Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Dove Blender Pen Kit
- Perfect Printing Pouch
- Stencil Tape
- Heat Gun
- Knife & Refill
- Small Zots™
- Sticky note pad
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cover it with tan cardstock.
- Lightly brush the Perfect Printing Pouch over black cardstock. Tape the stencil on it with the flowers and leaves on the bottom. Also using stencil tape, mask off the row of flowers above the main stencil image, then the border, then the leaves. Using the ink blending tool, stamp Versamark on the stencil. Sprinkle plum embossing powder on it, and pour the excess back into the container. Peel off the stencil tape covering the leaves. Mask off the flowers with sticky notes, and ink the stencil. Sprinkle olive on it. Carefully peal off the sticky notes, and remove the stencil. Using an X-acto® pen knife, gently scratch away any powder in between the image. Gently blow on the paper to remove the powder. Emboss the image by sweeping the heat gun over it.
- Tape the stencil back on the image. Mask off the flower and leaves with sticky notes. Stamp VersaMark on the border, and sprinkle champagne on it. Take off the stencil, and emboss it with the heat gun. Cut the cardstock at 6 1/4"x 4 3/4" with the image centered. Glue it centered on the card.
- Place "simple joys" Dazzles above the flowers, and a medium heart Dazzles above the greeting. Tie a bow of 3/4" mauve sheer ribbon, and cut the strands at 1 1/4" in length with dovetails. Zot( it on the top center of the border.