By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Create beautiful lacy die-cut frames from cardstock, then frame stamped words or images on your card front. I like to cover the die with a piece of waxed paper, then place the cardstock on top before running it through the die-cut machine-this really helps to keep the cardstock from sticking to the die for easy clean-up!
- Lacy Rectangle Frames Cutting Dies
- White Truffle Paper Pack
- White Truffle Ribbon Set
- Heart to Heart Greetings Stamp
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Medium Zots™
- BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- . Waxed paper (optional)
- Heat Gun
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Use the die-cutting machine and black cardstock to die-cut one 4"x4 3/4" frame, one 2 3/4"x3 1/2" frame, and two 2 1/2"x1 3/4" frames. Trim the corners of the 2 3/4"x3 1/2" frame to 1" from the corner on each side. Glue a die-cut corner to each corner of the card front.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x6" White Truffle black/tan striped paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the card front, overlapping the die-cut corners. Cut a 4"x4 3/4" White Truffle tan flourishes paper and mat on black with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the striped paper on the card front. Turn the largest die-cut frame so the short sides are at top and bottom. Trim a 3 1/4"x1 1/2" piece of the black lace border from the White Truffle tan houndstooth paper and glue inside the bottom edge of the frame.
- Place the frame on the tan flourishes paper with the black lace border at the bottom. Glue the bottom edge in place. Stamp "You are my Favorite" with Black ink, centered near the top of the tan flourishes paper inside the large frame, 1/2" from the inside top edge of the frame. Heat set the stamped image to dry it quickly. Glue a small die-cut frame so the words are centered inside. Cut a 3 1/4" long black lace strip from striped paper and ink the edges. Glue across the tan flourishes paper between the small die-cut frame and the lace border paper. Tie a bow from White Truffle 3/4" wide ivory crepe ribbon and Zot to the lace paper as shown.
- Inside: Glue a 5"x2 7/8" striped paper centered across the inside. Stamp "We'll be FRIENDS forever" with black ink on White Truffle tan flourishes paper. Heat set the image. Frame the words with the remaining small die-cut frame, then trim edges even with the center area of the frame. Mat on white, then black, with 1/32" corners. Glue centered to the striped paper. Zot ribbon as shown.