Layered hearts necklace
Layered hearts necklace
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Layer medium and small heart bezels together and embellish with Frantage encrusted jewel embossing powder and elements for texture and sparkle.
- . Rosemary & Thyme 6"x6" Paper Pack
- Fresh Cut Ribbon Collection
- Bezel Die Heart Frames
- Heart Bezel Cutting Die
- BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Purple Encrusted Jewels
- Butterfly Vintage Trinket Pins
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Heat Gun
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- 10 Sterling Silver Jump Rings
- . wire cutters
- Tacky Glue
- Crystal Lacquer
- Medium Zots™
- 1) Use the medium heart die to die-cut a heart from Rosemary & Thyme aqua/purple paisley paper. Spread glue stick over the paper to seal the paisley side and let dry. Ink the edges of the paisley side of the paper heart with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with Aged Wine embossing enamel and tap off the excess. Carefully place the heart on a sheet of white cardstock. Use the heat gun to emboss the edges of the heart by applying the heat from underneath the white cardstock. While still warm, sprinkle some areas of the enamel with royal purple glass glitter, vintage lilac embossing tinsel, and purple fragments. Apply the heat gun from underneath the cardstock again, to set the elements in the enamel. Glue the paper heart centered inside the medium heart bezel.
- 2) Use the small heart die to die-cut a heart from the purple side of remaining paisley paper. Seal the purple side of the heart with glue stick and let dry. Ink the edges of the purple side of the paper heart with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with Aged Wine embossing enamel as in step #1 and emboss as before. Add a small amount of royal purple glass glitter and heat again. Glue the paper heart inside the small heart bezel. Glue the small heart bezel inside the medium heart bezel. Squeeze 3-D Crystal Lacquer into the small heart bezel and tilt to cover the bottom evenly. Repeat for the Medium heart bezel. Place flat and set aside.
- 3) Ink the butterfly portion of the trinket pin with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with Vintage Lilac Embossing Tinsel and emboss. Use the wire cutters to trim the pin from the butterfly. Place the butterfly angled inside the small heart bezel on top of the 3-D Lacquer. Allow pieces to dry overnight. Glue or Zot knotted 1/4" wide aqua sheer ribbon to the loop on the small bezel. Thread aqua sheer ribbon through the loop at the top of the large heart bezel and tie for wearing.