Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: To create the brightly colored embossed background, apply embossing paste with the squeegee over the flower screen on red patterned paper and let dry. Mist over the embossed design with Dylusions ink and blot with a paper towel.
- You will use the Robin’s Red red/teal/ivory frilly tiles paper for the background. Mist 2 medium sized flowers and 2 small flowers with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray and set aside to dry.
- For the embossed background: Cut an 8 1/4"x10” Robin’s Red red diamonds paper. Place the Flower Screen on the upper left portion of the paper and apply embossing paste with the squeegee, spreading it evenly over the screen. Carefully lift and screen and place it over the lower right portion of the paper and repeat. Wash the screen immediately with soap and water. Let the embossed paper dry. Mist over the embossed design with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray and blot with a paper towel. Repeat for deeper color. Let dry.
- Cut an 8 1/4"x2” Robin’s Red aqua/ivory frillies paper and mist with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink spray. Let dry. Mat long sides on Robin’s Red red/ivory dots paper with 1/4" borders. Glue centered across the embossed paper.
- Use the large and small frame cutting dies and the die cutting machine to cut two frames each from red cardstock. Mat the red/turquoise embossed paper on Robin’s Red ivory frillies paper with 1/4" borders. Add Festive Berries Distress Paint to the edges. Glue the center of the matted embossed paper centered on the background. Add a large red frame die-cut beneath the upper left corner and the lower right corner as shown. Glue all edges to the background. Glue a small red frame to each end of the misted Robin’s Red aqua/ivory frillies rectangle as shown.
- Mat the 5”x5 1/4" photo on red/ivory dots paper with 1/8” borders. Mat again on aqua stripes paper with 1/4" borders. Sand the edges to distress them. Mat once more on ivory frillies paper with 3/16” borders. Add Festive Berries Distress Paint to the edges. Glue the matted photo centered on the embossed red paper.
- Write or computer print name and year on ivory frillies paper. Trim the name into a 2”x1 1/8” rectangle, then trim the left corners for a tag shape. Trim the year into a small rectangle. Add Festive Berries Distress Paint to the edges of each. Mat each piece on aqua stripes paper with 1/16” borders. Glue the year near the upper right side of the photo mat. Glue the tag angled on the lower left side below the photo as shown.
- Layer White Paper Flowers with misted paper flowers and Zot™ in a cluster on the lower left side of the page and one layered flower on the right side of the photo. Cut thin strips of aqua/ivory frillies paper and thread through the holes of two red buttons. Zot™ on paper flower centers as shown. Add Dazzles™ red tiny flowers centered on remaining paper flowers and on embossed flowers background. Use 3/4" wide red crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Trim ends in a “V” and Zot™ on the top of the tag. Zot™ red rhinestones to lower right side of photo mat as shown.