By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Use darker pens to outline clothing folds and hair. Then blend with lighter color to add depth to image.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Janie's Girlfriends Stamp Set
- Robin's Red double-sided paper pack
- Cherry Red Twine Cording, Blue Raspberry Twine Cording
- Essentials Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Red Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Turquoise Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Silky Papers
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card front: Place the card fold at the top. Glue 6 1/4”x4 3/4” Robin’s Red red dot paper to the center. Mat the long edges of 1 1/2”x5” Robin’s Red quilt block paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/8” borders. Glue 1/2” from the left side of the card. Hold a length of red and blue twine together and wrap around the card center. Tie a bow over the border and knot tails.
- Mat top, bottom and left edge of 4 5/8”x3 3/4” Robin’s Red aqua paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Glue flush with the right side of the card. Stamp Janie’s Girlfriends image on Silky papers and cut to 3 1/4”x3 1/2”. Color flesh Essentials FS3, hair and daisies TN2 and bear EB2. Color roses, sailor shirt, shoe bottoms, socks, skirt and hair bow red CR8. Color doll dress, skirt, socks, hat and shoes and coat turquoises BT5, BT4 and BT2. Outline images using BT2 and blend with BT1, creating a halo effect around image.
- Mat Silky papers rectangle with red cardstock, leaving 1/16” border and glue to the right side of the card as shown. Stamp Janie’s Girlfriends “Best Friends” stamp on 1 5/8”x1/2” red cardstock and foam tape overlapping left side of image as shown.
- Inside: Glue 2 1/2”x5” Robin’s Red red dot paper 3/8” from the left edge. Mat 3 1/2”x2 1/4” Robin’s Red aqua paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Glue to overlap left side of the border as shown. Stamp the left side of 2 7/8”x1 1/2” Silky papers with Janie’s Girlfriends flower stamp. Color turquoises BT2 and Bt4 with red CR8. Glue to the center of the matted rectangle. Stamp Janie’s Girlfriends “Our Friendship” on 1 3/4”x1” red cardstock. Foam tape to the right of the stamped flowers. Use the blue twine to make a bow and knot tails. Zot™ below the sentiment as shown.