By Amy Hurley-Purdie
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When embossing use a dry paintbrush to sweep away unwanted embossing powder before you heat set it.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Pretty Little Posies double-sided paper pack
- Pretty Posies Ribbon Set
- Design Tool #1
- Cute Monkey Small Stamp
- 4 Circles and 4 Scallops Cutting Dies
- Zing Red Glitter Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Pen
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut card to 4 3/4”x4 1/4”.
- Save scraps. Use the edge of Design Tool “Label B” to trace and cut the right edge of the card. Glue 3 1/4”x3 1/4” Pretty Posies blue floral pattern paper 1/4” from left and 1/4” from the top. Glue 2 3/4”x2 3/4” Pretty Posies orange pattern paper on point, onto blue floral pattern paper center. Stamp a leaf in center as shown. Using 4 Circles and 4 Scallops cutting die cut 1 7/8” circle from white cardstock. Glue Centered.
- Stamp monkey onto Pretty Little Posies tan pattern paper. Use the VersaMark Pen to color in the monkey, sprinkle with Zing Glittery Embossing Red Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut out the monkey. Stamp the monkey inside the white circle as shown. Glue embossed monkey on top of the stamped image. Stamp monkey onto Pretty Posies green pattern paper, cut out leaves and glue to embossed the monkey image as shown. Stamp banana onto Pretty Little Posies tan pattern paper, cut out the banana and glue to the embossed monkey’s hand.
- Cut two 1” squares from white cardstock. Color with VersaMark pen, and cover with Zing Glittery Embossing Red Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut in half and glue to the corners as shown. Wrap Pretty Posies green ribbon around left side of card front, tie bow as shown.