Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Create a pretty embellished frame effect for your photo with white lace doilies, flowers, and die-cuts. Add Embellies™ for texture and fun!
- Use the Robin’s Red blue/red/ivory/gray frillies paper for the background. Cut a 12”x8 3/4" Robin’s Red red flowers and diamonds paper and mat the long sides on Robin’s Red blue striped paper with 1/2" borders. Glue centered to the background paper. Glue 1/8” wide red grosgrain ribbon along top and bottom edges of the blue striped paper, trimming sides evenly. Glue 1 1/2" wide aqua crepe ribbon across the background paper, 5” from the bottom of the page.
- Mat the 6 1/4”x4 3/4" photo on aqua cardstock with 1/8” borders. Mat on Robin’s Red red/ivory dots paper with 3/16” borders. Mat again on Robin’s Red blue/ivory frillies paper with 1/4" borders. Place 2 white oval paper doilies overlapping on the Robin’s Red red flowers and diamonds paper, centered over the aqua ribbon, 2 1/2" from the bottom of the page. Glue in place. Glue the matted photo centered on the doilies.
- Add a blue swirl die-cut on the upper left edge of the layered doilies, and one on the lower left edge of the doilies as shown. Glue in place. Ink the edges of the 2 larger birds, double heart, the large birdhouse, and the nest of eggs die-cuts with White ink and let dry. Add Robin’s Red Embellies brads to the die-cuts as shown. Foam tape the gray/ivory dotted bow die-cut on the large bird die-cut. Foam tape the die-cuts in place as shown.
- Write or computer print name on the narrow ivory/blue/red label die-cut and the year on the gray/red/ivory flag die-cut. Ink the edges of each piece with white ink and let dry. Glue or foam tape to the page as shown. Foam tape the red/ivory dotted heart die-cut overlapping the label.
- Add clusters of flowers to the page near the die-cuts as shown. Tie aqua crepe ribbon in a knot and trim the ends into a “V”. Zot™ on the left side of the page as shown. Add an Embellies brad overlapping the flag with year as shown.