Bee Happy Card
Bee Happy Card
By Amy Hurley-Purdie
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When embossing use a dry paintbrush to sweep away unwanted embossing powder before you heat set it.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Pretty Little Posies double-sided paper pack
- Pretty Posies Ribbon Set
- Design Tool #1
- 4 Circles and 4 Scallops Cutting Dies
- Vellum Dots
- Bee Happy Small Stamp
- Zing Copper Glitter Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Pen
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut card to 4 3/4”x4 1/4”.
- Save scraps. Use the edge of Design Tool “Label B” to trace and cut the right edge of the card. Glue 3 1/4”x3 1/4” Pretty Posies green/blue pattern paper 1/4” from left and 1/4” from the top. Glue 2 3/4”x2 3/4” Pretty Posies blue pattern paper on point, onto green/blue pattern paper center. Stamp Honeycomb stamp in center as shown. Using 4 Circles and 4 Scallops Cutting Die cut 1 7/8” circle from white cardstock. Glue Centered.
- Stamp Bee onto Vellum and let dry. Cut out wings and set aside. Stamp Bee onto Pretty Posies tan pattern paper. Use the VersaMark Pen to color every other line, sprinkle with Zing Glittery Embossing Copper Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut out the Bee Body. Stamp Bee body inside the white circle as shown. Glue center of vellum wings to stamped bee, leaving ends of wings lifting off the card. Glue embossed Bee body on top of wings.
- Cut two 1” squares from white cardstock. Color with VersaMark Pen, and cover with Zing Glittery Embossing Copper Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut in half and glue to the corners as shown. Wrap Pretty Posies blue dot ribbon around the left side of card front, tie bow as shown.