Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Fly Feather Card
Fly Feather Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Curl the feather cutouts with your fingers for a puffy feathery look.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Fancy Feathers purple texture paper. Glue a 4 3/4”x6 1/4” Fancy Feathers pink texture paper on your card center. Mat a 4”x5 1/2” Fancy Feathers teal texture paper on Navy Suede with a 1/16” border and glue on at an angle, as shown. Place the large Swirl Dazzles™ on the upper left corner, and the medium swirl on center, at the right side.
- Tear 1/2” off the top and bottom edges of a 5”x2 1/2” suede paper. Tear 1/2” off the top and bottom edges of a 5”x3 1/4” Vellum Swirls paper and glue the suede on the center. Glue onto your card, 1” from the bottom edge and even with the left and right edges.
- Following the template directions, create two #1 Quail Feathers, one from suede and one from Fancy Feathers blue/green swirl paper. Create one #2 Quail Feather from Fancy Feathers pink texture paper and one #3 Quail Feather from Vellum. Follow the directions to make “feather cuts” on all feather cutouts while still folded, then unfold, curl the feather cuts with your fingers and Zot™ the feathers on top of each other on center, as shown.
- Use the template to create a Fancy Flourish from Vellum, score the center line, feather cut the upper edges and Zot™ onto the suede strip. Zot™ your feather piece as shown.
- Place “Fly” and feather Dazzles™ on the suede, and corner Dazzles™ on two opposite corners. Place Silver Jewel Dazzles™ on the center of your feather piece, and as shown.
- Card inside:. Glue a 2”x5” Fancy Feathers purple texture paper on your card fold, even with the bottom edge. Glue a 2”x3 1/2” Fancy Feathers teal texture paper 1” from the fold. Tear 1/2” off the top and bottom edges of a 3”x3” suede paper and glue 1/2” from the bottom edge. Place “you give my heart wings” and two small feather Dazzles™ as shown. Create a Raven Plume from Vellum, score the center line, feather cut the edges and Zot™ as shown.