By Amy Hurley-Purdie
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When embossing use a dry paintbrush to sweep away unwanted embossing powder before you heat set it.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Pretty Little Posies double-sided paper pack
- Pretty Posies Ribbon Set
- Design Tool #1
- 4 Circles and 4 Scallops Cutting Dies
- Vellum Dots
- Zing Pink Glitter Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Pen
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut card to 4 3/4”x4 1/4”.
- Save scraps. Use the edge of Design Tool “Label B” to trace and cut the right edge of the card. Glue 3 1/4”x3 1/4” Pretty Little Posies blue pattern paper 1/4” from left and 1/4” from the top. Glue 3 3/4”x2” Pretty Little Posies green pattern paper horizontally across blue pattern paper centered. Stamp a small dragonfly as shown. Using 4 Circles and 4 Scallops Cutting Die cut 1 7/8” circle from white cardstock. Glue Centered.
- Stamp Large Dragonfly on to Vellum, let dry. Cut out wings and set aside. Stamp the large dragonfly onto Pretty Little Posies tan pattern paper. Use the VersaMark pen to color body, sprinkle with Zing Glittery Embossing Pink Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut out the large dragonfly body. Stamp large a dragonfly body inside the white circle as shown. Glue center of vellum wings to stamped the large dragonfly, leaving ends of wings lifting off card. Glue an embossed large dragonfly body on top of wings.
- Cut two 1” squares from white cardstock. Color with VersaMark pen, and cover with Zing Glittery Embossing Pink Powder. Shake off excess and heat set. Cut in half and glue to corners as shown. Wrap Pretty Posies sheer pink ribbon around left side of card front, tie bow as shown.