Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Distress paint and lacy parchment die-cuts work together perfectly for this chalkboard mix media page. I used templates with embossing paste to create images and added texture that can be colored with paint or Perfect Pearls.
- Use the Chalkboard simply wonderful paper for the background. Shake the Broken China Distress paint well, then apply over the center of the background paper, 3 1/2" from the top to 1” from the bottom. Let dry.
- Position the Easy Stitches Template so the “stitches” you wish to use (I used 2 rows) are placed over the upper right portion of the page. Mask areas of the template you are not using with stencil tape as needed. Use the squeegee to spread the embossing paste evenly over the exposed area of the template. Carefully lift the template and place it on the left side of the page, 4 1/2" from the top. Adjust the tape to reveal a little more of the template design. Add embossing paste as before. Lift the template and repeat this process near the bottom of the page at the center. Lift the template and wash immediately. Set the background paper aside to dry.
- Use the large Design Tool template with straight and scalloped edges to trace the shape on green/aqua paper. Cut it out and sand the edges to distress them. Add a little Broken China Distress paint to the short straight sides. Use the Die Cutting Machine and the Oval Doilies & Mats cutting dies to cut 1 large and 1 small oval doily and 1 large mat from parchment. Add Broken China Distress paint to 1 long scalloped edge of the parchment oval mat die-cut.
- Place the green/aqua paper shape on the right side of the painted background paper. Tuck the oval parchment mat beneath the right edge of the shape so the painted edge of the mat shows. Glue in place. Glue the large oval doily die-cut overlapping the upper right side of the green/aqua shape.
- Mat the photo on pink scuffed paper with 1/2" borders. Sand the edges perpendicular to the paper to distress them. Add a bit of Broken China Distress paint on the edges. Trace the Design Tool tag shape on ivory/black dots paper. Cut it out and ink the edges black. Cut a 1/2" wide pink/tan/aqua floral paper strip and sand the edges. Glue across the tag, 1” from the top. Fold the tag over the left side of the matted photo as shown, securing on the back with glue. Glue to the page, overlapping the painted background, green/aqua shape and parchment doily die-cut.
- Cut out “Believe something wonderful will happen & it will” from the Chalkboard words patterned paper. Dab some Broken China paint over “wonderful” and let dry. Foam tape to the right side of the page, overlapping the right side of the matted photo and die-cuts.
- Take the 15 Butterflies template and place the portion with the 2D butterfly over the lower left corner of the page. Tape off areas as needed, and use the squeegee and embossing paste over the butterfly. Carefully lift the template and place the 1B butterfly image to the right of the first butterfly on your page. Repeat with the embossing paste. Now add a 2B butterfly with embossing paste in the same manner on the lower right portion of the green/aqua shape, just right of the matted photo. Wash the template immediately. Let the embossed butterflies dry.
- Write or computer print name and year on white cardstock and trim to small rectangles. Add Broken China paint to the edges of each and let dry. Cut a 2”x1 1/8” rectangle from pink scuffed paper and trim the left corners for a tag shape. Sand the edges and add a bit of Broken China Distress paint to the edges. Foam tape the name centered on the tag and glue on the page, 2 1/4" from the right side and 1 1/2" from the top. Foam tape the year to pink scuffed paper and trim the edges to a 1/16” border. Sand the edges and add a bit of Broken China paint. Glue left of the photo as shown.
- Fold the small parchment doily die-cut over the banners in the paper design at the top of the page. Anchor with an Embellies™ brad. Add other Embellies™ to the page as shown. Tie a knot centered on a 3” length of ivory/black dotted ribbon. Trim the ends in a “V” and Zot™ on the edge of the photo mat. Use your finger to apply a bit of Perfect Pearls gold to the embossed images and on the parchment die-cuts if desired. Lightly dab some Broken China paint randomly on the embossed areas as desired.