Project comments (0) | Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: To make it easier to save leftover pieces of metal leaf, take a sheet of wax paper and fold it in half, then fold in the sides, and top. Now unfold it out flat and place near your work area. Tap off the excess metal leaf onto the wax paper as you’re working. When finished, fold up the wax paper with the metal leaf pieces inside and paper clip to secure and place inside the metal leaf package. This makes it easy to keep the pieces for later use.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Ink 1/4" around the card edges with Black ink and let dry. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 3/8” Geometrics teal/gray patterned paper and glue centered on the card front. Place Gold Thin Lines Dazzles™ at the edges of the paper.
- Squeeze FlitterGlu on foam applicator and spread evenly with a piece of cardstock. Apply evenly on the stamp. Stamp firmly but quickly onto the center of the black cardstock. Wash the stamp immediately.
- Place the metal leaf on the stamped image and gently press in place with your fingers. Now use your fingers in a circular motion to gently rub the metal leaf into the image. Tap the excess metal leaf onto wax paper. Continue rubbing the image until no more leaf comes off. Use the gray square Scoochy sponge in a circular motion to polish the image and bring out the detail of the design.
- Place the Design Tool “Circle Frame” template on the stamped/leafed tree image so the image is centered inside the inner circle of the template. Trace the inner circle shape with a pencil. Remove the template and cut out the shape. Now place the same template onto Geometrics green tiles paper and trace the outer shape. Cut it out, and mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue the green shape centered on the card front and even with the right side. Trim the left side of the shape even with the card.
- Foam tape the black circle with the tree image on the green shape. Place Dazzles™ “Thanks” on the lower right portion of the circle. Use 3/4" wide yellow crepe ribbon to tie a bow, and trim the ends in a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the left side of the card as shown.