By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I used double-sided adhesive and Copper Leaf to give these Dazzles™ butterflies their rich shiny copper color and texture.
- Chalkboard double-sided paper pack
- Chalkboard Ribbon Set
- Chalkboard Embellies
- Enchanted Moments Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- Design Tool Kit # 5
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Copper Metal Leaf Sheet 25 pack
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Stipple Brush
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- wire cutters
- scrap paper
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Chalkboard tan/pink/blue flowers and flourishes paper. Cut a 6 1/2"x1 1/2" pink/ivory tiles paper and mat the top long edge on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue on the bottom of the card with the black edge on top. Ink the edges of the card black. Cut a wide Dazzles™ border in half and add one piece to each side of the pink tiles paper, even with the outside edges. Add a Dazzles™ circles border even with the bottom edge of the card.
- Using the Design Tool Circle Scallop template, trace the inside circle shape onto Chalkboard green/blue tiles paper and the scalloped shape on Chalkboard ivory/black dots paper. Remove the template and cut out each shape. Glue the green/blue circle centered on the dotted scallop shape. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” border. Foam tape centered on the card front, even with the top.
- Cut a 4”x2 1/2" piece of double-sided adhesive and peel away one side of the paper backing. Place the large Dazzles™ butterfly on the exposed adhesive. Trim evenly around the edges of the butterfly, carefully lifting the antennae to trim beneath them. Place the butterfly on a piece of scrap paper. Take a piece (or pieces) of Copper Metallic Leaf large enough to cover and place on top of the butterfly. Use your stipple brush to gently press the Copper Leaf in place on the exposed adhesive spaces inside the butterfly, making sure all the spaces are covered. Gently brush away the excess Copper Leaf onto the scrap paper, place into a container, and save for another project. Remove the backing from the butterfly and place angled on the green/blue circle on the card front as shown. Repeat this process for two smaller Dazzles™ butterflies and place on the card as shown. Add “soar” and two tiny Dazzles™ butterflies near the word.
- Use 3/4" wide black crepe ribbon to tie a bow, trimming the ends into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the bottom of the circle scallop shape. Use the wire cutters to trim the legs from two Embellies™ brads, then foam tape the brads on the wide Dazzles™ border at each side of the card as shown.