Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: I like to use the surface of an embossing pad around paper edges and then sprinkle on the embossing powders. Once melted, I sprinkle on the glitters while everything is still hot and the chunky elements will stick. Then I heat with the heat gun again for more melting. Also, heating one paper layer at a time from the bottom keeps the chunky elements from flying away.
- Card front: Place the card with the fold on the left and cover with Kindred Spirits tan border paper with the border along the bottom edge. Tear the top and bottom edges of 3” wide brown dot paper and glue across the card, 2½” from the bottom.
- Tear a 4” square of purple Kindred Spirits paper then stamp and gold emboss the large and medium butterflies as shown. Stamp 4 small purple butterflies as shown. Ink the torn edges purple and then gold emboss.
- On scrap paper, mix together the Aged Gold Embossing Powder, Gilded Mica Fragments from the Gold Encrusted Jewel Kit and Aged Wine Embossing Enamel, Royal Purple Glass Glitter and Vintage Lilac Embossing Tinsel from the Purple Encrusted Jewel Kit. Reheat the gold embossed paper edge and quickly drag the paper through the mixture, heating from the bottom of the paper to melt.
- Glue the stamped purple square to the card brown dot border as shown. Sprinkle the mixture over the bottom right corner as shown and carefully heat the bottom of the paper and slowly melt the mixture. Gold emboss the card edges and stamp 2 small purple butterflies as shown.
- Apply brown chalk to the card to add more distressing and place “Best Wishes” Gold Greetings Dazzles™ on the bottom left corner. Use ¾” wide pink/brown dot sheer Kindred Spirits ribbon to make a bow and Zot( to the card as shown.