By Amy Hurley-Purdie
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Work on one butterfly at a time so the glitter colors don’t run together.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Rhapsody Double-Sided Scrapbooking Paper Pack
- WOW! Extra Fine Glitter Value Pack, (24 pieces)
- Double-Stick Butterfly Dazzles
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Heartfelt Greetings
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card Front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover with black cardstock. Glue 2 5/8”x6½” Rhapsody black dot paper horizontally on the left side ¼” from the fold. Place the outline of the first butterfly Dazzles™ on the bottom of the black dot paper. Sprinkle with Crimson glitter. Use your finger to burnish, and shake off excess. Place the inside pieces from the butterfly wings into place, and sprinkle with Taffy glitter. Use your finger to burnish, and shake off the excess. Repeat this process for the remaining butterflies. (Orange butterfly: Outline: Carrot / “Innie”: Copper, Yellow Butterfly: Outline: Sunflower / “Innie”: Gold, Green Butterfly: Outline: Grass / “Innie”: Pine, Blue Butterfly: Outline: Peacock / “Innie”: Sapphire, Purple Butterfly: Outline: Eggplant / “Innie”: Grape)
- Using VersaMark™ ink to stamp “Too much of a good thing…!” in the bottom right corner. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder, tap off the excess and heat set.