By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Add paper strips to the edges of the card front that repeat the colors and patterns in the die-cuts for a cohesive look. The chartreuse and red elements really contrast well together on this card.
- Honeysuckle Artful Card Kit
- Honeysuckle Artful Card Kit Ribbon Assortment
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Place your blank card with the fold at the left. Cut two 5”x1” pieces of black floral paper and glue one each even with the top and bottom edges. Cut a 5”x4 1/2" red net paper and glue it centered on the card. Cut two 5”x1/4” chartreuse strips and glue one each even with the top and bottom edges of the red net paper. Ink the edges of the card black.
- Punch out the black vine die-cuts and place on the upper right and lower left part of the card. Place the large gray circle die-cut with floral scalloped frame centered over the edges of the vines. When you’re happy with the arrangement, glue the vines in place and foam tape the circle/frame centered on the red net paper.
- Punch out the gray/black decorative vine circle and foam tape it centered on the gray circle/frame die-cut. Foam tape a small flower die-cut on the center. Foam tape small bee die-cuts near the frame as shown. Cut out the “Bee Happy” banner and foam tape on the top left portion of the card. Use 3/4” wide green crepe ribbon to tie a bow, trimming each tail into a “V”. Zot™ the bow near the words.
- Inside: Cut a 5”x1” black floral paper and glue centered on the inside. Cut a 5”x1/4” chartreuse paper and glue centered on the floral strip. Glue the black dots/chartreuse framed label die-cut centered on a 3 1/4" red net square. Ink the edges black. Glue centered on the paper strip. Cut out the “Laugh, SMILE, be happy!” hexagon and mat on red net paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the label. Glue a flower die-cut on the lower right corner. Zot™ knotted green crepe ribbon as shown.