Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Smile! Girl Card
Smile! Girl Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use a shape from the Design Tool Kit #2 to frame this laughable girl, and really make her stand out!
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cut 1 1/2” off the right side. Cover with Rhapsody black floral paper, but do not glue down the top left and bottom right corners. Glue a 4 3/4”x4 3/4” Rhapsody black/white tiny floral paper on the center. Glue two lengths of 3/8” wide red/black dot grosgrain Picnic Ribbon across the upper left and lower right corners, tucking ends under the black floral Rhapsody paper edges. Glue the paper corners down. Use ribbon to make a small bow and Zot( to the bottom corner as shown.
- Use Jet Black Memento ink to stamp the sunglasses girl on the center of 4 1/2”x4 1/2” white cardstock. Use Yellow Watercolor pencil #108 to color coat, bracelet, shoe soles, rose edging; Red 121 for glasses, coat trim ring, Blend Neutral pencils 131 Rose and 183 Gold for skin; Green 162 leaves.
- Trace the Fancy Label shape from Design Tool Kit #2 centered over the image, as shown, and cut out. Mat with Red Fireworks Holographic paper with a 1/8” border and glue onto your card center.
- Stamp two small roses on white cardstock and color as in step-2. Cut out the roses and foam tape on opposite edges of the label, as shown. Stamp “Smile!” on a 1 3/8”x1/2” white cardstock, mat on Red Fireworks Holographic paper, leaving a 1/16” border and foam tape on the lower left of the label, as shown. Place Red Jewel Dazzles™ to the paper corners and on the label, as shown.
- Inside: Mat the bottom edge of 5”x 1 7/8” Rhapsody black floral paper, leaving 1/8” borders. Glue to the card top. Stamp “Hello Friend” on white cardstock and cut to 1½”x3/8” and mat with Red Fireworks Holographic paper, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape to the left side of the border as shown. Stamp Janie’s Girls sunglasses girl to extend off the bottom right edge of the card as shown. Color as in step 2 and place Red Jewel Dazzles™ around her as shown.