Bay Area Vacation
Bay Area Vacation
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I used lots of different elements together and sanded some of the edges for a collage technique, and achieved a mixture of interesting textures—hard, soft, shiny, smooth, rough, etc.
- Homeward Bound Double-Sided Scrapbooking Paper Set
- Homeward Bound Ribbon Assortment
- Homeward Bound 3D Foil Papier Tole
- Homeward Bound Embellies™
- Art Nouveau Foil Papier Tole
- Cartographer - Tag Me Tags and Tickets Set
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Sanding Block
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Font: Andy
- McGill 1/8" Hole Punch
- Corner Chomper
- Place the Homeward Bound collage paper with the Homeward Bound red/blue/tan striped border on the bottom. Mat photos on ivory or brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges brown. Mat photos again on Homeward Bound red textured paper, green flourishes paper, red/ivory balloons paper, or brown textured paper as desired. Sand the edges. Wrap 1/4" wide sheer ivory ribbon around the largest photo and tie in a knot on the left side. Mat a third time if you like. Place the photos on the right side of the page but do not glue them in place yet.
- Punch out the pieces for the Papier Tole hot air balloon embellishment and foam tape together by number over each matching design. Foam tape the “Discovery Tours” extra art centered on the balloon. Glue to the upper left side of the page.
- Cover a 3 1/4" tall tag with Homeward Bound red textured paper, trimming the edges evenly. Re-punch the hole with the 1/8” round punch. Sand the edges. Crop a photo to fit on the tag and mat on Homeward Bound ivory textured paper with thin borders. Ink the edges brown and glue centered on the tag. Zot™ the “FUN” Jeans Plate on ivory textured paper and trim to a thin border. Round the corners with the Corner Chomper or scissors. Ink the edges of the paper brown and glue even with the bottom of the tag. Write or computer print title and date on the small brown Embellies™ tag. Sand the edges and foam tape on the end of the twine at the top of the tag. Pull the twine down and Zot™ the small tag on the left edge of the tag/photo.
- Write or computer print journaling on Homeward Bound ivory textured paper and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges brown and mat on red/ivory balloons paper, then sand the edges. Sand the edges of an “Amour” ticket and mat on brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Sand the edges. Sand the edges of a “Ma louloute!” tag. Zot™ the “Explore” Jeans Plate on red textured paper and trim edges to a thin border. Sand the edges and glue on the lower left portion of the tag. Sand the edges of the Embellies™ nautical art with compass brad and foam tape on the top of the tag. Tie 1/2" wide red twill on the twine at the top.
- Arrange photos, tags, journaling, and small pieces of 3/4" wide ivory twill on the right side of the page, angled and overlapping the elements as shown. Glue in place. Add Embellies™ brads to the sheer ivory ribbon and the page background as shown. Sand the edges of the Embellies™ “HOMEWARD bound!” and glue near the bottom photo. Foam tape the foil Papier Tole extra art “VIEW POINT” in place.