Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Stamp the images on different papers, then add Encrusted Jewels and collage them together for a beautiful card focal.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with black/red/aqua/yellow floral paper.
- Stamp the woman silhouette/words image on aqua textured paper with Black ink. Place the Design Tool Circle Frame template so the stamped image is centered near the top of the inner circle shape. Trace the inner shape and remove the template. Cut out the shape. Stamp the postcard with bee image on yellow textured paper with Black ink. Cut it out, with 1/16” borders. Stamp the butterfly image on white vellum and let dry.
- For the woman silhouette image, sprinkle over her hair sparingly with Encrusted Jewels Aged Copper Embossing Enamel. Heat from beneath the paper with the heat gun, to melt. Sprinkle Sky Blue Embossing Powder sparingly overlapping the hair, words, and around the image. Heat to melt from beneath the paper. Use the VersaMark™ ink pad to ink the edges of the circle. Sprinkle some areas with Vintage Mahogany Embossing Tinsel and heat to melt. Ink the edges again and sprinkle with Golden Sand Embossing powder, leaving some of the mahogany areas exposed. Heat to melt. Trace the scalloped circle frame shape on red textured paper and cut it out. Glue the circle centered on it. Add VersaMark™ ink near the edges of the circle and sprinkle with Sky Blue Embossing Powder. Heat to melt. Ink the edges of the red textured frame and sprinkle with Detail Capri Embossing Powder. Shake off the excess and heat to melt. Glue centered on the card front. Trim the edges evenly with the card.
- Take the VersaMark™ pen and draw along the black side of the bee’s body on the stamped image. Sprinkle with Sky Blue Embossing Powder and shake off the excess. Ink the edges with the VersaMark™ pad and sprinkle with the Sky Blue Embossing Powder. Heat to melt. Ink part of the edges with VersaMark™ and sprinkle with Aged Teal Embossing Enamel. Heat to melt from beneath the paper. Ink the edges again and sprinkle with Vintage Mahogany Embossing Tinsel, and Golden Sand Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess and heat to melt. Add a little more Aged Teal Embossing Enamel on the corners and heat to melt. Foam tape overlapping the circle shape on the card front as shown.
- Take the VersaMark™ pen and draw along the body and some swirls on the wings of the stamped butterfly image. Sprinkle with Sky Blue Embossing Powder. Place on scrap paper and heat to melt from beneath the paper. Sprinkle sparingly with Aged Teal Embossing Enamel. Heat to melt from beneath the scrap paper. Cut out the butterfly image, leaving a 1/16” border. Lightly fold the wings together and foam tape the body of the butterfly angled between the 2 images on the card front as shown.
- Cut two 1/4" wide teal/yellow tiles paper strips and glue one even with the top edge of the card. Trim the sides evenly. Repeat for the bottom of the card. Use 1/2" wide black/gray dots ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the lower right edge of the circle as shown.