Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Life is good
Life is good
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Paulette came to me with the idea already planned out for this tag--the birds and cages look so cute together! Black ink and paper beneath the birdcages add contrast, and the Black and White Washi Tape adds detail.
- Front: Trim the card to 4”x5 1/2" and place with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Homeward Bound green/blue flourishes paper. Place a strip of black/white diagonal striped Washi Tape vertically on the card, 1/4" from the right. Ink the edges black. Cut a 3 1/4"x5 1/2" Homeward Bound ivory/brown flourishes paper (part of the collage sheet). Now tear 1/2" along the edge of the left side, top, and bottom. Leave the right edge straight. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue on the card, 3/8” from the left side and 1/4" from the bottom.
- Ink the edges of a Kraft tag with Black ink. Place black/white lace Washi Tape even with the bottom edge. Place “Life is good” on the left side, even with the top of the tape as shown.
- Ink 2 birdcages with Black ink and let dry. Place the larger birdcage on Homeward Bound green/blue flourishes paper and trim the edges evenly. Back the smaller one with Homeward Bound ivory/tan flourishes paper (from the collage sheet) and trim the edges evenly. Glue or Zot™ the birdcages overlapping each other on the tag as shown. Add foam tape to fill the space beneath the right side of the small birdcage.
- Zot™ wood birds on the birdcages and on the tag as shown. Tie a knot centered on a 3” length of cream/black dotted ribbon. Zot™ on the top of the tag. Tie natural twine in tiny bows and Zot™ on the top of each birdcage.
- Ink two wood hearts with VersaMark™ ink, then sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Heat to melt with the heat gun. Ink again with VersaMark™ and sprinkle with Crystal Micro Glitter. Heat set with the heat gun. Zot™ one heart on the large birdcage and the other on the bottom of the tag as shown.