By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Experiment with the Dotty Lace Cutting Die rings to get multiple looks from this die. Add a thin cutting ring and get a smaller doily. Leave it off to get a larger doily, as shown on this project.
- Intrica Die - Dotty Lace Circles Cutting Die Set
- Butterfly Die #1 - Flava Cutting Die
- Butterfly Boutique Metal Embellishments
- Hammered Silver
- Black Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Stylus Handle & 6 Pads
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card Front: Cut cream cardstock to 12”x6” and fold in half, to make a 6” square card and place the fold on the side. Ink the edges of 5½” square of Hammered Silver paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue to the card center.
- Die cut a large black cardstock doily and a small black doily. Foam tape the small doily to the center of the large. Glue the doily piece to the card center. Die cut the Butterfly Boutique from cream cardstock and use the stylus handle and pads to lightly ink the embossed butterfly wings and flowers clusters gray using a small amount of black ink. Glue to the right side of the card.
- Zot and foam tape the metal butterfly to the doily with the wings lifted as shown. Ink edges of 1”x3/8” ivory cardstock and place “Hello” Black Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ centered. Foam tape to the top left corner.
- Inside: Die cut Butterfly Boutique from black cardstock and glue to the right side of the card. Place “Thinking of You” Black Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ and Zot( a Metal Butterfly to the card as shown.