Project comments (0) | Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Stamp the Dancing Daphne image, then have fun coloring in the image with Smooch™ inks and Spectrum Noir pens. Use a light touch with the brush for tiny spaces. The purple hearts die-cut is the perfect contrast for the stamped image.
- Front: Trim the card to a 5” square and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Rosemary & Thyme aqua/purple/yellow tiles paper. Cut a 4 3/8” square dark yellow tiles paper and ink the edges black. Mat on white with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card front.
- Use your die-cutting machine and Romantic Hearts Frame Cutting Die to cut a heart frame die-cut from Rosemary & Thyme dark purple textured paper. Save the leftover small hearts from the frame for decorating the card. Glue centered on the dark yellow tiles square. Die cut a center square from Rosemary & Thyme yellow/white houndstooth paper and glue centered inside the frame. Glue a small purple heart die-cut in each corner of the dark yellow square as shown.
- Stamp the Dancing Daphne image on white cardstock with black ink. Color in the face, neck, arms, hands, and legs with FS6. Color the cheeks with PP1, then add more FS6 to blend the colors together. Color the lips with PL1. Color some strands of the hair with GB8, then go back and add EB5 to the remaining strands.
- Shake the bottle of Sunny Smooch™ and paint in the flower and dots on the hat decoration, the sleeves, bows on the socks, and decoration on the dress. Use Dusk Smooch™ and paint in the hat, shoes, polka dots on one sock, the bow on the bottom of the dress, centers of the yellow bows, and the buttons on the right side as shown. Paint in the tiny leaves with Juniper. Paint in the dress, hair accessory, and hat ribbon, and thin line under the eyes with Coastal Smooch™ as shown. Let dry.
- Cut out the image, using your knife for the tiny details. Foam tape the image centered on the card. Cut a 7/8”x1/2” white cardstock and trim the corners of one end for a tag. Cover with Rosemary & Thyme aqua textured paper and ink the edges black. Place “Hi” Dazzles™ centered on the tag and glue on the left side of the card as shown. Use 1/4" lavender glimmer ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the top of the tag.