Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Folder Set or you can order them separately.
Holidays Mini Folder
By Susan Cobb
- This mini folder can also hold photos, a Christmas letter, or gift certificate.
- Open the folder and flaps out flat before stamping. This way, you have a nice, flat surface for stamping the images.
- I used the VersaMark pad directly to the edge of the front and inside, then embossed for a pretty gold edge that's easy to do.
- When I stamped the star border on the inside flap, I aligned the folder with the grid of my matthe stars are about 1/2" wide, so the grid helped me to stamp the stars in a row.
- Cover the front of the mini folder with the red/green color blocked paper, so the green section is at the bottom, trim the edges evenly with the folder. Open the folder out flat, then stamp the large star with swirls image centered on the upper red portion of the front, sprinkle with embossing powder, and emboss with the Heat tool. Use the small star with swirls image to stamp across the bottom green portion, overlapping the swirls so they link, and fit nicely in the space. Sprinkle with embossing powder and emboss with the heat tool.
- Apply the inkpad to the outer edges of the front, sprinkle with embossing powder, and emboss with the heat tool. Glue ribbon across the front, just above the green paper section and rim the ends evenly. Glue "holidays" word fragment centered over the ribbon. Zot a bow as shown.
- Inside the folder: Cover the inside panels with green paisley paper. Cover the folder flaps with red textured paper and trim the edges evenly. Use the inkpad on the edges of the inside and flaps, and emboss as in step 2. Glue flaps in place. Glue "celebration" art to the right flap, then stamp and emboss the small swirl with holly image (second from right at bottom of stamp sheet) at upper left and lower right corners of flap.
- Write or computer print on label, mat on green, and glue centered to the right flap. Stamp and emboss the small star image 7 times to create a border beneath the label. Zot a ribbon as shown. Computer print or write greetings by hand on ivory paper, trim, and mat on red, leaving space at the top for a star. Stamp and emboss a star centered on each block. Place the greeting blocks inside the pockets.