Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Inked Tags Bundle or you can order them separately.
Warm Tidings Tag
By Susan Cobb
- Place paper towels or newspaper over your work area. Wear gloves and old clothing, as these beautiful inks will stain fingers and clothing. Add 4 or 5 drops of the blending solution to the felt on the applicator, then add 3 or 4 drops of cranberry ink to the applicator. Apply the ink to the manila tag with the applicator, covering it well with the cranberry ink. Add 2 drops of the gold mixative randomly to the applicator, then apply over the tag. Keep working over the tag until you're happy with the effect. At first, you may have bigger dots of gold, but if you keep going over the tag with the applicator, the dots will break up and you will have a lovely mix of the cranberry with gold highlights. If you have too much gold, you can add a bit of blending solution and dab it with a clean felt applicator. You can also add more cranberry ink as desired. Let tag dry.
- Stamp "Warm Tidings" across the tag with black ink, about 1/2" from the bottom. Add ribbon to the top of the tag.
- Use applicator felt to apply cranberry ink to the large flower. Add a drop of gold mixative to the felt and add a few gold highlights to the outer edges of the petals. Use applicator felt to apply gold mixative to the smaller flower. Apply cranberry ink to a large button. Let the flowers and button dry. Apply gold to a scrap of cardstock and let dry. Cut a thin strip and thread through the holes of the button, gluing at the back to secure. Layer the flowers together, and Zot the button to the center of the gold flower. Zot the layered flowers to the tag.
Merry Christmas Gift Tag
By Susan Cobb
- Place paper towels or newspaper over your work area. Wear gloves and old clothing, as these beautiful inks will stain fingers and clothing. Punch a tag from white glossy cardstock.
- Add 4 or 5 drops of the blending solution to the felt on the applicator, then apply it over the tag. Add 3 drops of cranberry ink randomly over the applicator felt, then add 3 drops of lettuce ink to the applicator (try not to get the lettuce ink over the cranberry ink on the applicator). Apply ink over the tag randomly, covering the entire tag. The colors will mix slightly, but you should be able to see some green and red tones. Add 2 drops of the silver to a clean applicator felt and apply over the tag. Use the felt to edge the tag with silver. Let dry.
- Stamp "Merry Christmas" words with holly image on the tag with black ink and let dry. Embellish the holly image with crystals. Zot a ribbon to the top of the tag.