Just A Note
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Just A Note Bundle or you can order them separately.
Just A Note
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- I used a double embossing technique to create the orange and blue butterfly focal. I embossed the orange butterfly first, using the shadow butterfly stamp. Next, I used the Perfect Printing Pouch over the embossed butterfly, then stamped the "butterfly and vines" detail stamp over it. I then added blue embossing powder over the stamped image and embossed it.
- The printing pouch keeps the blue embossing powder from sticking to the embossed butterfly, except for your second stamped image.
- Use Em for Anything Dots & Stripes
- Citrus Brad Pack
- Silhouettes & Shadows Stamps
- Expressions Acrylic Stamps
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- White Cards & Envelopes
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Sapphire Embossing Powder and Carnelian Orange Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Perfect Printing Pouch
- Knife & Refill
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Dark blue cardstock, white cardstock
- Font: American Typewriter
- Cut a 2 1/4"x1 3/4" white cardstock rectangle and stamp a shadow butterfly on the center with the VersaMark ink pad. Dust with Carnelian orange embossing powder and emboss with the heat tool and let cool. Rub over the embossed image with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Stamp the butterfly and vines detail stamp over the center of the embossed butterfly image. Dust with sapphire embossing powder. (important--)Turn on the heat tool and let it heat up before embossing the blue imagethen quickly zap the image to emboss it (this should only take a second or two), watching carefully not to heat it too long. Embossing it too long will cause the image to spread and sink into the orange image.
- Stamp the tiny flower on the small blue tag with the VersaMark ink pad, then dust with blue embossing powder and emboss with the heat tool. Add mini brad to the center. Stamp "Just a Note" on the bottom of the orange tag, dust with blue embossing powder and emboss.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top. Cover the card front with blue/green/orange/white striped paper. Mat the white rectangle with the embossed butterfly on dark blue cardstock leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the card, 5/8" from the top and 5/8"from the right side.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2" dark blue strip and mat on white, leaving a 1/16" border. Add 3 orange brads evenly spaced, to the right side. Glue across the card, 1 1/4" from the bottom.
- Fold a small piece of dark blue cardstock and attach to the back of the orange tag as a tab. Glue tag over the dark blue strip, 1" from the left side. Glue small blue tag over orange tag, angled as shown. Ink edges of card front.
- Inside the card: Emboss two blue butterfly and vine detail images, directly onto the white card, 1/2" from top left and 1/2" from bottom right.
- Ink a 6 1/2"x2 1/2" striped rectangle and glue across the center of the inside, between the embossed images. Write or computer print greeting on the green tag, then add orange brad and glue centered over the striped rectangle.