Project comments (4)
| Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Laser Set bundle or you can order them separately.
Mothers Day Butterfly Card
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Tip: To print on the card front, I set my computer printer to landscape and attached the card with tape over the printed words on computer paper. Hand feed the card through the printer.
- Trace the 10 circle around the right edge of the card to make a curve. Trim away the top layer of the card only. Journal or stamp on the card front.
- Stamp the butterfly in brown ink to the lower left of the laser butterfly. Stamp again on white cardstock and cutout. Foam tape over the first butterfly to give a 3-D look.
- Tie a ribbon around the card front and knot near the top. Trim the tails to 1 1/2 long.
- Inside the card: Line the inside of the card with bronze glimmer paper. Journal or stamp on a 3 1/4x3 rectangle and stamp a small butterfly on the lower right corner. Glue to the inside back so that it does now show when card is closed.
Birthday cake Card
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Tip: Use small paint brushes to dry brush chalk onto small areas of the cake. When finished, place a clean sheet of scrap paper over the chalked image and firmly rub to burnish the image and remove excess chalk residue. Use a clean artist eraser to remove any chalk outside the lines.
- Open the card and place the laser cake over scrap paper. Apply red chalk to the rosettes, scallops and cake base. Use orange chalk for the candles and cake plate and yellow for the candle flames and cake surface. Burnish to remove excess chalk.
- Stamp black confetti from the bottom and top edges of the card. Journal make a wish! and print onto white cardstock. Cut into a strip and ink the edges black. Glue to the bottom edge of the cake under a ribbon bow.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside front with black glimmer paper to act as a backing for the cake. Cut a 1/8 wide strip of glimmer and glue 1 from the top of the inside back. Journal on white cardstock and cut into a 2x1 rectangle and stamp with a candle. Chalk the flame yellow and the dripping wax red. Glue a folded length of ribbon to the left side back and mat on glimmer paper, leaving a 1/16 wide border. Glue the rectangle over the thin strip border.
Stenciled Rose Card
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Tip: Use small paintbrushes to dry brush chalk onto small areas of the rose, leaves and background. When finished, place a clean sheet of scrap paper over the chalked image and firmly rub to burnish the image and remove excess chalk residue. Use a clean artist eraser to remove any chalk outside the lines.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cut the emerald glimmer to 6x4 and cut a navy glimmer rectangle to 5 1/2x4 3/4. Layer the papers and glue to the center of the card.
- Stencil the rose from the laser card onto white cardstock, using the chalks. Outline with black pen and cut out. Glue ribbon down the left side of the card. Foam tape the stenciled piece over it and glue a knotted ribbon length at the base. Color in the large butterfly and glue to the edge of matted journaling on white cardstock.