Thinking of You Embossed Portfolio
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Portfolio Set bundle or you can order them separately.
LeNae's Tip: The combination of glue stick and heat gun can warp the paper, so I like to do the majority of the embossing before the paper is glued to the project.
"Thinking of You" Embossed Portfolio
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
- Saras Surfaces Small Portfolio
- Cardmakers Pretty Creative Pack
- Cardmakers Pretty Ribbons
- Cardmakers Pretty Creative Kit
- Matching Borders & Focals Acrylic Stamps
- Acrylic Block
- Sapphire embossing powder
- Embossing pad
- Embossing pen
- Embossing heat gun
- Color pencils
- Glue stick
- Using the embossing pad, stamp the bottom edges of both the light green and striped paper with the butterfly border and add an additional butterfly to the right side. Stamp the large butterflies at the bottom right corner of the light green paper. Sprinkle with powder, return excess powder to jar and heat image with gun.
- Glue the light green to the front of the portfolio and the striped to the flap and around to the back. Trim the excess paper. Use the embossing pen to make swirls under the large butterflies and run the pen around the edge of the flap. Sprinkle with powder, return excess to jar and heat image with gun.
- Use purple and blue pencils to color in the butterfly images. To keep the flap closed, wrap with blue grosgrain ribbon and tie a bow at the left side.
- Stamp and emboss On this Day onto the small green tag. Secure a small green flower and blue flower brad at the bottom right corner. Glue the tag under the bow.