Swirl Gift Box
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Swirly Set Bundle or you can order them separately.
Susan's Tip: I used an awl to make a tiny hole in each end of the box to add the purple heart brads. I used Zots to attach the swirly purple star Brad Buddy on the front of the box, but you could also use the awl to make holes for brads and attach them through the box.
Swirl Gift Box
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
- Sara's Surfaces Swirl Boxes
- Finished In A Flash Swirly Kit
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Gasoline Alley
- To assemble the box, fold in along each angled score line and have all the tabs go in the same direction. Line up the tabs to meet in the middle and push into the center. Repeat on the other end.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x7" rectangle from the blue/pink/purple dotted paper with the swirl corner. Starting with the short end of the rectangle with the swirls, glue the edge of the paper to the lower edge of one of the panels, aligning the sides of the paper with the straight ends of the box. Smooth the paper with your fingers to ensure no air bubbles and continue to glue the rectangle across each panel, making sure the sides of the paper are aligned straight with the ends of the box. When you come to the last panel, press the paper over the last panel without gluing it to determine where the ending edge will be. Mark the paper with a pencil and trim the end. Glue the end and smooth the edges with your fingers.
- Use the awl to make a hole at the center of each swirl box end, then add a purple heart brad through the hole.
- Press the prongs of the brads on the purple star Brad Buddy so they don't show from the front, securing them with Zots. Zot the star to the front of the box, near the swirl portion of the paper. Attach a knot of ribbon as shown. Write or computer print a name on the pink tag punch-out and glue near the star.