Project comments (0) | Write a comment
2009 Day to Day
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Glitter Binder Bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip:Its easy to give the Grungeboard pieces a touch of sparkle by covering them with glitter sheets. And I love that theres no mess with the glitter! The sheets are very forgiving so if you miss a spot, you can go back and add more.
2009 Day to Day
By Laura Nicholas
- Ink the spine and edges of the binder.
- Cut a 2-wide strip of striped paper and glue along the edge of the binder,
flush with the left edge. Trim excess paper from the top and bottom with an
- Cover the rest of the front cover with yellow paper. Trim excess even with
the edges using an X-acto knife.
- Ink the binder edges and add penwork along the edge of the yellow paper.
- Cut a 1/4-wide strip of adhesive and place across the seam of the papers.
Add lime green glitter to the strip.
- Cover letters with purple paper: Place Humungo adhesive on the letter,
place patterned paper on top. Turn the letters over and place on a cutting
mat, then trim around the edges with an X-acto knife. Lightly sand the edges
and attach to the binder cover.
- Cut a lime paper rectangle and a slightly smaller purple paper rectangle
and ink the edges of both. Add penwork stitching around the edges. Overlap
the pieces and glue to the yellow paper as shown.
- Cover the brackets with checked paper.
- Glitter the numbers: Place a piece of the adhesive sheet onto the front
of a number, turn the number over and place on a cutting surface. Trim around
the outside edges with an X-acto knife. Remove the adhesive liner, then place
aqua blue glitter on top. Repeat technique to trim around the edges. Attach
glittered letters to the binder front. Add brackets.
- Repeat to add pink glitter to the small butterfly, aqua glitter to a medium
butterfly and lime glitter to a large butterfly. Attach to the binder cover.
- Line the inside front and back covers with checked papers.
- Embellish the dividers with strips of papers and glitter-covered butterflies.
Staple pieces of ribbons to the dividers.
- Attach handles to the binder and tie ribbons to the handles.