Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Color Me Papers & 12 Ink Pads, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When using these distress ink pads to add color, you can deepen the color by adding a second or third coat of the same color of ink.
- Color Me Sample Pack
- Wild Honey Distress Ink Pad, Rusty Hinge Distress Ink Pad, Barn Door Distress Ink Pad, Forest Moss Distress Ink Pad
- Rich & Spicy Ribbon
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Paper Towel
- Black pen or computer ink jet printer
- font: Sudestada
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with Color Me Leaves paper. Use the Wild Honey ink pad direct-to-paper to cover the entire card front with a light coat of ink. Now go back and add more of the same Wild Honey ink over some areas of the card front to deepen the color. Add Rusty Hinge ink to some areas of the card, then add the forest moss near lower right, and upper left areas. Now add some barn red to some areas.
- Now go back with the Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge inks, and work more color over all the colors, overlapping them. Now add a little more barn red and forest moss as desired. Let dry.
- Cut loosely around the tags. Lightly ink the small tag with wild honey ink, allowing the ink to cover the edges outside the tag. Now add a bit more of the same color over the design. Add Forest Moss to the excess paper outside the edges of the tag. Wipe over the tag with a paper towel. Let dry. Write or computer print “hello” on the tag, then trim the edges leaving a thin inked border. Wrap ribbon around the left side of the card front and tie a knot. Trim ends and glue the tag near the knot.
- Inside the card: Cut a 5” x 2 ½” Color Me Leaves Paper rectangle and ink it with the ink pads as you did for the card front. Let dry. Glue across the center of the inside.
- Ink the large tag with Wild Honey and a bit of Rusty Hinge ink, let dry, and trim edges leaving an inked border. Write or computer print message on the tag, then glue to the inside, overlapping the inked rectangle. Zot ribbon as shown.