Project comments (5) | Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Tea Card Set TEA-riffic Card Set, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Coloring in these stamped images with Smooch is so fun! and I love playing up the pretty details of these stamps with color and shimmer. The applicator brush in the Smooch bottle has a nice sharp point, which makes it easy to fill in tiny areas with a light touch of the point. Smooch works well full strength from the bottle, or thinned with water for a more translucent water color look plus a pretty shimmer. I used the Smooch full strength from the bottle for the red roses (siren), the blue flowers and butterflies (pool and gold lamé). I thinned the gold with water and applied it with a brush for the teapot image and “Tea” in the stamped words. I also thinned the green apple Smooch with water to achieve a lighter green color for the leaves. Once the gold teapot dried, I added some of the blue (pool) thinned with water at the edges and top of the teapot over the gold.
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with red patterned paper trimming sides evenly with the card front. Cut a 5 1/2” x 5” rectangle from the striped paper with stripes running horizontal. Tear across the top edge of the rectangle, so the remaining piece is angled down at 5” at the top left to 3” at the top right. Glue even with the bottom and sides of the card front. Sand edges, then ink them with timber brown ink.
- Stamp the teapot image on a 2 ¾” x 3 3/8” ivory rectangle with the Timber Brown ink. Add a small amount of gold lame Smooch to the surface of your acrylic block, then use the paintbrush to mix with a small amount of water. Apply the thinned gold mixture to the base of the teapot image, around the flowers and leaves. Rinse the brush and apply thinned green apple Smooch to the leaves. Use the brush in the bottle to apply siren smooch full strength to the roses, and pool to the small flowers, plus gold for the centers. Make sure the gold teapot is dry, then add thinned pool Smooch to the edges. Add little touches to the handle, lid, and spout.
- Stamp “You’re Tea-riffic!” plus a small rose on ivory cardstock, trim to a rectangle, then color in with Smooch colors as for the teapot.
- Ink the edges of both stamped rectangles with timber brown ink, then mat on red and ink the edges. Mat teapot again on aqua patterned paper, Sand edges and ink them. Mat on ivory cardstock, leaving a thin border at top and sides, and 1/2” at bottom. Stamp lace border on aqua patterned paper with the timber brown ink. Trim edges to fit across the bottom in the extra space of the ivory mat, plus across the upper left corner of the stamped teapot. Glue pieces in place, then glue to the card front as shown. Add pearls and ribbon.
- Inside the card: Write or computer print a message on ivory cardstock. Stamp roses/swirls corner and butterfly around the words as shown. Ink the edges and mat on red patterned paper, leaving a 1/16” border at top, bottom, and left side, with a 5/8” border at the right side.
- Color in the stamped images with Smooch as for the other images. Stamp lace border with brown ink on aqua patterned paper. Trim to fit right edge of the word block and glue to extra space on the red mat. Zot ribbon as shown.