to view large image
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left and glue a 4 1/2"x6" piece of aqua mesh paper centered on the card front. Add a combination of aqua and lime green chalk around the edges of the card front, leaving a small white border between the chalked area and the aqua mesh paper. Cut a 4"x5 1/2" piece of aqua dots paper and glue it centered on the aqua mesh paper. Trace around the outer edges of the aqua dots paper with a black pen.
- Glue a length of aqua grosgrain ribbon across the card front, 3 1/4" from the top edge. Trim the excess ribbon even with the edges of the card (Tip: Try running a glue stick along the trimmed ends of the ribbon to help prevent fraying). Crop the quote to 4"x1 3/8". Chalk the edges with aqua and the word “celebrate!” with lime green, then mat on black glimmer paper and trim the mat to 1/16". Use foam tape to attach the matted quote centered on the card front, overlapping the ribbon length. Knot a 4" length of aqua grosgrain ribbon and use a Glue Dot™ to secure the knot over the top right corner of the quote.
- Punch two Celtic knot patterns out of lime green vellum and fold into shape. Add one silver mini brad and one silver starburst pinwheel to the center of each of the Celtic knots, using the brad to attach the Celtic knots to the card front. Place one Celtic knot above the quote and one below, then add one more brad and pinwheel to one of the dots on the aqua dots paper.
For the Card Inside:
- Crop the quote to a 3"x2" rectangle. Chalk the edges with aqua and the words with lime green, then mat on black glimmer paper and trim the mat to 1/16". Mat again on aqua mesh paper, trimming the mat to 1/4". Glue the quote centered on the inside of the card, 1 1/2" from the top edge.
- Trace around the outer edges of the aqua mesh paper with a black pen. Knot a 3" length of aqua grosgrain ribbon and use a Glue Dot™ to secure the knot over the top right corner of the quote.
A tip from Susan: Wondering how to make your card quotes coordinate with the rest of your project? Try chalking! I love to use decorating chalks to accent specific words or add color to the edges of my card sentiments, tying them in with the rest of the card. On this “Celebrate!” card, I used aqua and lime green chalks to accent the quotes and to add bright color around the edges of the card front. And decorating chalks work great for creating coordinating journaling blocks for your scrapbook pages, too!
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013