Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Busy Scrappers Solution Birthday Pages
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Busy Scrappers Solution Birthday Pages
Designers: Susan Cobb & Paris Dukes
Whats the one thing that everyone you know has each year? A birthday of course! Looking for fast, fabulous layouts that are perfect for birthday boys and girlsof all ages? Read on to see two of Susan and Paris latest birthday layouts!
Elizabeths 8th Birthday
By Susan Cobb
Scrapbooking is about preserving photos, but its also about preserving memories, Susan says. Journaling your childs favorite things about his or her birthday lets their individual personality shine through in your scrapbooking, and it will help your family remember events and stories for years to come. You might also try journaling birthday wish lists or a list of who was invited to the big birthday party. Journaling all the vivid memories now will ensure they arent forgotten over time.
- Use the red with yellow rick rack paper as the background, orienting the paper so the star button is in the top left corner. Mat one vertical photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8. Mat the left and right sides on stitched stripes paper, trimming the mat to 1 1/4. Mat again on the yellow portion of the yellow with red rick rack paper, trimming the mat to 1/8. Mat a horizontal photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8. Mat again on orange textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/8. Glue the vertical photo in the top left corner of the page and the horizontal photo in the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping the photos as shown.
- Cut out the Happy Birthday to You tag and glue it at an angle just under the bottom left corner of the vertical photo. Cut an 8 length of black grosgrain ribbon and tie it into a shoestring bow. Trim the tails at an angle, then use a Zot to attach the bow to the top of the tag. Write or computer journal onto the yellow blank ribbon fragment, then cut out, ink the edges with black and use foam mounting tape to attach the fragment at an angle in the bottom right corner of the tag.
- Computer journal on to white cardstock and crop to a vertical rectangle. Mat the journaling on orange textured paper, trimming the mat to 3/16. Glue the matted journaling in the upper right corner of the page. Cut out the three flower tiles from the artwork. Use foam mounting tape to attach the red flower tile centered over the top edge of the journaling and to attach the two yellow flower tiles down the left edge of the horizontal photo.
- Write or computer journal the year onto the yellow portion of the yellow with red rick rack paper, then cut out, ink the edges with black and glue over the striped mat to the left of the vertical photo. Write or computer journal onto the yellow gingham tag then cut out, ink the edges with black and glue at an angle in the top right corner of the vertical photos striped mat. Add one red mini brad to the tab. Cut out a number tile to represent the age and use foam mounting tape to attach the tile to the striped mat, just under the tag.
Jim is 40
By Paris Dukes
With all the bright colors and fun imagery, it can sometimes be difficult to create birthday layouts with a masculine feel, Paris admits. Geometric shapes and simple patterned papers like stripes and dots are a great place to start. I chose a masculine blue, green and yellow striped paper for the background of this layout, then carried the color scheme throughout the rest of the page. In order to break up all the horizontal lines, I folded up the bottom corner of the page and added a coordinating paper to the empty area for a fun twist.
- Use the blue & green striped paper as the background, orienting the paper so the stripes run horizontally. Mat three photos on white cardstock, trimming the mats to 1/8, then glue to the page as shown.
- Fold up the bottom right corner of the background paper. Cut a square of green dots paper and glue it behind the background paper to fill in the corner of the page. Cut out the purple Happy ribbon fragment and glue it horizontally across the bottom right corner of the page on the green dots paper. Cut out the Birthday ribbon fragment and glue it vertically up the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping right end of the Happy fragment. Cut out the When/Where artwork and use a black pen to journal the information. Use foam mounting tape to attach the journaling in the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping both the green dots paper and the folded over portion of the background paper.
- Cut out the circular fun, friends and games tags and use yellow and purple brads to attach the tags to the edges of the photos, as shown.
- Cut out the stitched teal journaling label and glue it vertically down the top left corner of the page. Cut out the turquoise celebrate ribbon fragment and use foam mounting tape to attach it at an angle over the top of the blank portion of the journaling label. Use a black pen and number tiles attached with foam mounting tape to complete the rest of the journaling.
Love the idea of creating scrapbook pages in just minutes? Busy Scrappers Solution paper collections make your projects quick and easybecause everythings already coordinated for you! Click here to check out all 12 versatile themes.