Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Color Me Papers & 12 Ink Pads, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Here I used the ink pads direct-to-paper, starting with the lighter blues, then working in the darker blue (chipped sapphire) over some of the areas, blending the colors together. You can go back over some of the darker areas again with the lighter colors, and fill in any bits of paper that remain—this is a really pretty look, and shows the white pattern really well. The amount of ink used on the paper will affect the look of the design—covering the paper solidly will yield a crisper more detailed design. After inking the paper, use a paper towel to wipe off the white design.
- Color Me Sample Pack
- Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink Pad, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad, Stormy Sky Distress Ink Pad
- Corner Chomper
- Chocolate Silk Flowers
- Brad Bonanza
- 3/4" Circle Punch
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Cosmetic sponge wedge
- Paper Towel
- White Cardstock, Aqua Pearlescent Cardstock
- black pen or computer ink jet printer
- font: Ellida
- Use the Tumbled Glass ink pad to cover the entire sheet of Color Me Butterflies background paper. Use the Stormy Sky ink pad to cover some areas of the inked paper. Now use the Chipped Sapphire ink pad to cover some other areas of the paper. Add more Tumbled Glass over the two other colors, then work in more of all 3 colors as desired. Let dry.
- Cut loosely around the large tag with butterfly design. Ink it direct-to-paper with the Tumbled Glass ink pad, keeping it fairly light, and coloring the paper outside the edges of the tag. Use the cosmetic sponge wedge to dab some ink from the Chipped Sapphire ink pad and color in the butterfly wings and body on the tag. Wipe over the tag with a paper towel. Trim the tag leaving an inked border around the edges. Write or computer print words and year on tag. Cut loosely around a butterfly from the Tags and Borders sheet. Ink it with the Chipped Sapphire ink pad. Trim around the edges leaving a thin border. Fold the wings together and foam tape the body to the tag.
- Mat the 5 x 7 “ photo on aqua pearlescent cardstock, then round the corners with the punch. Mat on white and glue centered on the page as shown. Glue tag to page, below and right of photo.
- Layer white flowers and attach together with a dark blue great big brad. Punch a ¾” circle from aqua pearlescent cardstock, then sponge on some Chipped Sapphire ink at the edges. Glue punched circle centered over great big brad. Zot flowers overlapping lower left corner of photo.