Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Happy Birthday card
Happy Birthday card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Makeup sponges work very well to apply ink and blend the color.
- Cut 6 1/2"x4" of Copper Color Me medallion paper. Use makeup sponges to apply Blue Iris chalk ink in patches, randomly scattering it around the piece. Fill in the rest with Olive chalk ink, blending it with the Blue Iris. Trim off 1/2" from the bottom to use on the inside of the card.
- Place the card with the fold on top. Glue the 6 1/2"x3 1/2" piece along the fold. Trim 3/4" off the bottom of only the front flap.
- Cut 6 1/2" of the flourish border from the Copper Color Me labels and tags sheet, trimming 1/16" to the outside of the curvy edge. Ink with Blue Iris and glue along the bottom edge of the front flap, covering the white. Trim any excess.
- Cut 6 1/2" of the lace stripe on the Copper Color Me striped paper, leaving 1/16" border. Ink lightly with Olive, using a makeup sponge. Glue across card centered 1 1/2" from the top.
- Cut out the Copper Color Me flourish shaped frame leaving a 1/16" border around the edge, and ink the edges with Olive. Stamp Birthday Greetings "Happy Birthday" in the center with Blue Iris. Foam tape centered 1/2" from the top.
- Tie a small Nonna's Garden green crepe knot and Zot it to the top center of the greeting.
- Inside: Ink the bottom 1 1/4" of the card inside with Olive. Glue the 1/2" strip from step 1 across the card 1 1/8" from the bottom. Cut out the Copper Color Me oval label leaving a 1/16" border and ink the edges with Blue Iris. Stamp Birthday Greetings "Celebrate!" in the center with Blue Iris and glue centered 1/2" from the top.
- Cut two 2" strips of the same Copper Color Me lace stripe as on the front and ink with Olive. Angle the ends and glue one strip to each corner as shown. Trim off any excess. Glue a 1/8" wide strip of Copper Color Me (un-inked) across the bottom, 1/16" from the edge.