Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
Cupcake Birthday Card
Cupcake Birthday Card
By Lodell Halvorson
Designer's Tip: Apply Emboss Gloss carefully and avoid putting it on too thick.
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut Confetti brown paper to 1 1/4"x5" and cut along the design to create a scalloped edge. Glue along the top edge of the card. Cut Confetti brown stripe paper to 3/4"x5" and glue along the bottom edge of the card. Cut Confetti green paper with colorful circles to 1"x5" and glue just above the Confetti striped paper. Cut 5" of Confetti pink rick-rack ribbon and glue along the border between the two bottom papers.
- Using the Emboss Gloss to create dots along the edge of the Confetti green patterned paper. Sprinkle Snickerdoodle scented embossing powder over the top and tap off excess. Heat set. Dot Emboss Gloss in the center circles of the Confetti scalloped paper and emboss with Snickerdoodle scented embossing powder. Heat set.
- Use the Sweet Treats Pockets Template to trace and cut out the "Sweet Little Cupcake" on Confetti blue striped paper. Cut out the cupcake inside using Confetti pink paper. Glue the pink shape inside the blue shape and assemble following the fold lines.
- Trace and cut scalloped cupcake edge from white cardstock using the Sweet Treats Pockets Template, adding a 1/4" edge to fold and glue behind the cupcake lip. Apply Emboss Gloss to the outside of the scallop and dot on the "x" shapes on the Confetti pink paper. Apply Snickerdoodle scented embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set. Glue to the card 5/8" from the bottom edge.
- Trace and cut out a Sweet Treats Pockets Template candle from Confetti brown striped paper. Trace and cut out candle flame from white cardstock and glue to the candle. Apply Emboss Gloss to the candle flame; apply embossing powder and heat set. Glue to the card at the top of the cupcake.
- Using Birthday Greetings stamp set, stamp "May your layers..." greeting using Berrylicious chalk ink on the card to the right of the candle.
- Stamp "Eat Cake" on white cardstock using both Prussian Blue and Berrylicious ink. Use the Sweet Treats Pockets Template to trace and cut out the tag around the greeting. Cut off the top of the tag so the white piece is 1 5/8" high. Trace the same tag on Confetti green patterned paper and cut out 1/16" larger than the white tag. Dot Emboss Gloss along the top edge of the white on the tag; apply embossing powder and heat set. Punch a hole and add Confetti pink polka-dot ribbon to the tag.
- Inside: Cut Confetti brown paper with the corner design to 3 1/4"x6 1/2" and glue to the left edge of the card. Using Birthday Greetings stamp set, stamp "Celebrate" vertically along the edge of the paper with Berrylicious ink.
- Trace and cut out candle using Confetti pink paper. Trace and cut out candle flame from white cardstock and glue to the candle. Apply Emboss Gloss to the candle flame; apply embossing powder and heat set. Glue to the card 3/8" from the right edge and 1/8" from the bottom. Dot Emboss Gloss along the edge of the paper above the greeting; apply embossing powder and heat set.