Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Butterfly Birthday card
Butterfly Birthday card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Give the butterflies "flight" on our card by backing with cardstock. Cut around the sticker edges and then bend the wings. Place layers of foam tape under each wing to prop them up on the card.
- 5"x 6 1/2" blank white card
- Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles(
- Gold Happy Birthday Dazzles(
- Cardmaker's Earth's Palette Creative Pack
- Cardmaker's Earth's Palette Creative Kit
- Layered Labels Template
- Matching Borders & Focals Stamp Set
- 8x8 Heritage Cardstock
- black inkpad
- pen knife
- foam tape
- Place the card fold at the side. Cover with Earth's Palette navy paper. Ink the edges of a 4 1/2" x 6" Earth's Palette circles paper black and mat with Heritage ivory cardstock. Glue to the center of the card. Ink the edges of 4 1/2" x 2" Earth's Palette blue textured paper and glue to the bottom of the Earth's Palette green circles. Ink the edges of a 3/8" x 5" Earth's Palette golden yellow paper. Glue over the top edge of the blue border.
- Place a green Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles( border across the center of the golden border. Fill in the holes with Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles( pink dots from the pink Mix'em border. Place Happy Birthday Dazzles( centered on the blue area with a Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles( tiny pink butterfly at the top left.
- Trace a Layered Labels Template 3 1/2" square Bracket Frame onto Earth's Palette navy paper. Cut out and mat with Heritage ivory cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Place "on point" and secure Earth's Palette purple and blue silk flowers and a Earth's Palette blue flower Brad Buddie to the left side of the label. Glue the label to the Earth's Palette circle paper portion of the card. Place a Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles( large pink butterfly and a medium gold butterfly on ivory cardstock. Fill in details with contrasting colors from other Mix'ems as shown. Bend wings and place layers of foam tape under wings on label to give the butterflies the illusion of movement. Add tiny butterflies to label.
- Inside: Cover the inside back with Earth's Palette textured blue paper. Using the Matching Borders & Focals Stamp Set, stamp "It's your day!" onto Earth's Palette golden yellow paper and trace with a Layered Labels Template 1 7/8" x 1 1/4" oval sign frame. Cut out and mat with navy paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Trace the 2 7/8" x 1 3/4" Squared Oval Label B onto circle paper and mat with a 1/16" border of Earth's Palette navy. Layer the labels and glue to the center inside back. Secure an Earth's Palette aqua mini brad to each side. Place Mix 'em Butterfly Dazzles( small butterflies at the bottom left corner.