Click here to get Noteworthy Birthday Card Items.
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: The Smooch Glitz adds a touch of glitter to your stamped images, and is especially pretty when added over Smooch ink. I painted in the roses on the card front with Sassy Pink Smooch ink and the leaves with Lettuce smooch ink. After letting the inks dry, I added Pink Fizz Smooch Glitz over just some of the pink roses and buds, and Lime Twist Smooch Glitz over some of the leaves. I also added Pink Fizz Smooch Glitz over a bit of the pink pattern in the background paper and the butterfly cut-outs to repeat the look in the background.
- Boutique Paper Pack
- Boutique Ribbon Set
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 15 Lovely Labels Template
- Noteworthy Stamp Set
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Sassy Pink Smooch Ink, Lettuce Smooch Ink
- Pink Fizz Smooch Glitz, Lime Twist Smooch Glitz
- Foam Tape
- Medium Lots O Zots™
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Sudestada
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Boutique green/pink flourishes paper. Mat a 6 1/2"x1 1/2" Boutique blue dots paper on Boutique brown swirls paper leaving a 1/16" border. Glue centered across the card front. Glue Boutique brown/cream stitched ribbon across the center of the Boutique blue dots paper, trimming sides evenly. Ink the edges of the card brown.
- Use the template to trace and cut out a bracket label from Boutique light green textured paper (from the sheet with flowers and butterflies border). Ink the edges brown and mat on Boutique brown swirls paper leaving a 1/16" border.
- Stamp the Noteworthy large roses image centered on the bracket label with brown ink. Stamp "Happy Birthday" on the lower right area of the label. Paint in the roses and buds with Sassy Pink Smooch ink and the leaves with Lettuce ink. Let dry. Paint Pink Fizz Smooch Glitz over some of the roses and buds, and paint Lime Twist Smooch Glitz over some of the leaves. Let dry. Foam tape the label centered over the paper and ribbon on the card front.
- Cut out a small butterfly from the Boutique flowers and butterflies border sheet and glue angled to the stamped label, just below and left of the stamped roses image. Add Pink Fizz Smooch Glitz to the butterfly cut-out, and to the pink flourishes centered above and below the label on the Boutique green/pink background paper. Let dry. Zot knotted Boutique brown crepe ribbon to bottom left edge of the label.
- Inside: Ink the edges of a 6 1/2"x1 1/2" Boutique green/pink flourishes paper with brown ink. Glue centered across the inside. Use the template to trace and cut out a green textured vintage sign shape. Ink the edges brown and mat on blue dots paper leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges.
- Stamp the Noteworthy small roses and leaves image on the left side of the shape with brown ink. Stamp "Especially for you" on the lower right. Paint in the roses and leaves with Smooch ink plus Smooch Glitz as you did for the roses stamped image on the card front. Let dry.
- Cut out a tiny butterfly and glue angled to the right side of the shape. Glue centered over the Boutique green/pink flourishes paper.
- Write or computer print "wishes" on green textured paper and trim into a small tag shape. Ink the edges brown and mat on blue dots paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges and glue near the bottom of the vintage sign shape. Zot knotted Boutique brown crepe ribbon near tag.